• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB: all-grain gear (NE, Melb)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mics100

Reaction score
I just put on an all-grain Knappstein lager clone using my mate's gear, and I don't think I can go back to extract :D
Damn that malty goodness!

I'm stepping up to all grain and need:
30+ litre kettle w tap
30+ litre esky w tap
Burner and stand
20-30litre urn

I'm only brewing 20-25 litre batches, so I need equipment to manage that output.

Wow, yes! That system looks fantastic. Love the explanation on the vid too.

Alas, my funds don't allow for that awesome set up.

Perhaps I'll put it on my Christmas list for Santa.

If you are looking at 20-25L batches I would suggest a minimum 40L boil kettle. Once you take 2-4L of trub and 3-4L of evaporation and about a 10% volume increase during boil from a 30L kettle you are left with a maximum output of only about 18-20L.
Same with the esky. 30L will be fine for 20 odd litres of 5% beer but if you want to do say an IPA or big Stout above 6.5% you will have some issues. Better to go big early and buy once IMO

Why do you need an urn for,wont the burner surfice or vice versa.BIAB in the urn another way to go.Good quality urn's are not cheap neither are pot's.burner about $100

If you're handy. You could always convert a keg and either put an element in the bottom or burner. Add a bag and you've got a biab

Latest posts

Back