• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB - 19L Keg FULL of beer!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrGibbon

Reaction score
Hi All, strange request.

I have a few lads around next Friday, 13th and I don't have any of my own beer ready for the kegerator.

Ive just been told by the Brewhouse in Wooloongabba that they don't have any kegs to hire/sell at the moment, and I bloody well love that Brisbane Pale Ale!

So, does anyone know of another place I could try, or have themselves a keg of beer to part with?

Im after a good session beer, like a Stone and wood pale ale / 150 Lashes type of pale ale.

Please let me know! Im in Moorooka, South side of Brisbane.
Thanks in advance.
Gib

I have a couple of kegs of a very lightish APA that are surplass to my needs. Galaxy as an aromatic hop. Grain was mostly 2 row pilsner malt. I brewed it at the end of last year for an event that never materialised. I would have to check to make sure it's still ok but should be fine, it's been in keg since december. PM if you're interested.

I've turned around a keg of hefeweizen in under a week a couple of times now (for similar reasons)....it's not cheap but it's fast:

• Buy a fresh wort kit hefe
  • Make sure it's well aerated going into the fermenter (will help the yeast start faster). I use a sanitised mash paddle in my cordless drill on highest speed
  • Pitch 2 x wyeast 3068 packs directly on it (you could probably just get away with 1 pack if it's really fresh)
  • Should ferment out in 3-4 days
  • Rack to your keg, super force carb it up using any of those various methods

I'm yet to try it with a pale ale style, it feels wrong leaving them in the fermenter less than a week. I suppose you could leave it in til the day before your mates are coming around, then crash chill overnight, rack it onto gelatin in the keg...could work?

Brews Brothers Microbrewery not to far away.

If you get it from a place licensed to sell, no problem but to buy it from someone without a license to sell is illegal. Sorry to be a wet blanket but just be aware of this and moderate your discussion accordingly (so I don't have to).
Cheers.

Give Harley a call at All Inn Brewery, he might do some small kegs.

Latest posts

Back