Worth Buying?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francismcphail

Reaction score
Found 2 x 19L kegs for sale however they don't have release valves...

They do though have a press button release.

As I'm a complete newbie to all of this and I'm looking to move to kegging I'm wondering if these are worth even looking at?

(Pictures attaced for reference.)
1.jpg
2.jpg

Thus far it's 86$ AUD for the two kegs. Looks like a replacement fitting for the lid and valve will run at about 30$ USD. Which when factoring in delivery, etc etc.. Cheaper to buy locally from locla HBS or similar.

the 'press release buttons' are the gas in and beer out posts.
i wouldnt use a keg without a PRV...

if the kegs are cheap you could always get replacement lids and PRVs.
check out http://www.brewersdiscount.com/productCat15956.ctlg for an idea of price (US$).

dougy

Yep, depends on the price.

U can prob get all the bits U need in Aust, anyway.

Not too familiar with Corny kegs, though, and will defer an answer to a more experienced user.

Seth :p

depending on the price i would think about it. the welding looks pretty ordinary so i would definantly price teh cost of a new oval lid before going any further with it.

can get a reconditioned one from local hbs for $90 each so its not a bad deal if you can source the lids locally at a reasonable price ....
either that or get a pr valve tig welded into the existing lids ....

as bobby stated that weld job looks very messy too

Thanks for the feedback guys. Ended up leaving those two with a clear birth, and picked up two with release valves, though they are in a non-reconditioned state.

Should be just a matter of cleaning them up, and putting in some new seals.

It's soooooo damn addictive.... this home brew stuff :party:

Worked out to be only 20$ more for the one's with the release valves.

where'd you get them from at that price mate ??
and yes it is addictive stuff !!

where'd you get them from at that price mate ??
and yes it is addictive stuff !!

Got them off eBay. I usualy treat eBay as a dumping ground for overpriced bargins... But I think alas I may have actually got a bargin... :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back