Worst Comerical Beer You Had

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon carlsberg elephant beer tastes pretty shite. It was one of the only beers ive ever had where I struggled to get through one stubbie. The taste wasnt just bland/boring, but really bad.
Stockade "Premium" Lager is also pretty shit. There are a suprising amount of shit beers out there.

I cant say I've had a REALLY bad commercial beer, VB will always hold a special place in my heart, as thats what I grew up on.... but still cringe when out and ordering a beer, feeling unfaithful to my home brew..
8_9_6.gif

The worst experience i had with commercial beer was at the football. They had Carlton Cold (or was it Ice) in plastic PET bottles on a hot summer day. So bad flat beer in plastic that got hot in about 2 mins flat. Twas awefull.

jgriffin said:
The worst experience i had with commercial beer was at the football. They had Carlton Cold (or was it Ice) in plastic PET bottles on a hot summer day. So bad flat beer in plastic that got hot in about 2 mins flat. Twas awefull.
have to agree there..... those plastic bottles suck.... it reminds me of tasting my beer as im taking it out of the fermenter into the kegs..

Light megaswill on the concourse at the SCG watching cricket in the summer sun, with the inlaws buying because they know you like beer so keep you well supplied. "That 3 quarter full beer would be too warm to drink, here, have cold one". You end up feeling ill without the benefit of being drunk.

XXXX Bitter is SHIT, GOLD is better but still tastes like XXXX

Tooheys PILS - is a poor excuse for a pils, however tooheys new is
not bad on tap, back when I was at college, tooheys new jugs were great every wednesday and thursday (better then studying anyway)

On my trip to SA I tried Southwark - Bloody hell, that was hard to drink.. :lol:

bad beerz:

Resch's Real
Tooheys Red
Emu (anything)
West End draught - could NOT force myself to drink this at cheep prices at a Happy hour in Adelaide.

...and Outback brewery are yet to impress. I might visit the premises one day next March and give them a chance to impress. Any one else keen to go?

Oh yeah, and the 3 Sheets lager at the Lord Nelson in Sydney, which tasted of wild yeast contamination and the publican wouldn't acknowledge it. Should I have asked for a refund?...I thought that one should have been offered.

I love Southwark Pale Ale (green label- called the Green Death by fans)

THE DRUNK ARAB said:
Beez Neez
I agree TDA that stuff is shite just tastes like watery nothing beer. I don't understand if they can be bothered to bottle that crap why they won't put the alpha pale ale in bottles. (shakes head)

Ausdb

All you fellow west aussies out there why has no one mentioned to the two biggest culprits

Emu Export (its so bad they call it export as they are trying to get rid of the crap)

And the creme de la creme of shite beer
SWAN GOLD

Ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ausdb

ausdb said:
I don't understand if they can be bothered to bottle that crap why they won't put the alpha pale ale in bottles. (shakes head)
I've seen the Alpha Pale Ale at my local Dan Murphy's, so it's available. :)

sluggerdog said:
XXXX Bitter is SHIT, GOLD is better but still tastes like XXXX

Tooheys PILS - is a poor excuse for a pils, however tooheys new is
not bad on tap, back when I was at college, tooheys new jugs were great every wednesday and thursday (better then studying anyway)

On my trip to SA I tried Southwark - Bloody hell, that was hard to drink.. :lol:
Southwark Bitter that was, haven't tried the rest

MCWB said:
I've seen the Alpha Pale Ale at my local Dan Murphy's, so it's available. :)
I haven't found it here in WA and CUB produce it locally here at Matilda Bay as well.

I would much rather drink Redback than that Beez Neez crap and even the Redback of now is nowhere near as good as it used to be in the early 90's when Matilda Bay wasn't owned by CUB

Ausdb

Sluggerdog, I think you had it right the first time - Southwark covers it....

Fosters, need I say more.

Cheers BDB

I was given a SOUTHWARK BITTER the other day and did not find it to be so bad. I have had worse.
Like all the above!

I came across a Carlton "Pure Blonde"...low carb lager at Lone star restaurant. Jase stay away from it..go for the Boags draught insted

SH1T in a word, chilled piss in a bottle, no..more flavour in chilled piss!!

Cave Creek Chilli beer.

I actually bumped up my rating for it because its the only beer i've ever drunk that I seriously could not stand to take another sip of.

Serious vomit material.

i challenge you to down a pint of outback lager.... gee that was bad...
linz next time your at the harp have a go...

Bobby said:
i challenge you to down a pint of outback lager.... gee that was bad...
linz next time your at the harp have a go...
The ratebeer guys i've spoken with beleive the outback brewery is the worst in the world.

I unfortunately havent had the pleasure of trying them yet. I hope I manage to before it goes broke :)

Well fellers, Debortolis wines [one of the best winemakers in Aust] had a go at producing beer a few years ago [around 1997] and I happened to be in Griffith, NSW when the local RSL club gave it a go on tap, Shit it was crook , I think the idea lasted about 3 months and died peacefully .

Latest posts

Back