Woodfordes Wherry

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthclarke

Reaction score
Anyone tried any of the Woodfordes range? I am thinking of trying the Woodfordes Wherry. I see it has previously been awarded Supreme Champion Beer of Britain (Bronze) 2005 & Supreme Champion Beer of Britain (Gold) 1996 + numerous Champion Bitter of Britain awards.

It is a 3kg all malt kit - but says it only comes in around 3.8%. I would like to give it a bit of a boost so do you suggest I just make it up to a smaller quantity (19L for example) to keep it true to form - or should I add some LDME or something to get it up around 4.5%??

Cheers

Can you get those kits in Australia? I'd imagine that the kit - being malt extract - wouldn't really be like the commercial beer. Perfect example being our Coopers kit range, they make beer but not like the Coopers commercial beers.

I'm in Europe so can buy them locally here - and the reviews I have read on the Kit's are also giving rave reviews - I thought they were also available in Aus ???? Maybe not ???

We can get Cooper's goo here also - it costs around AUD 22 per can so almost double what you pay in Australia.

We can also get the Mutnons range and I guess these are somewhat fresher as often I have read complaints from people in Aus using Muntons that that are not certain they are handled well on the trip South.

Cheers

I used to use them when I kit brewed, but was underwhelmed (I really wanted then to be good). The problem is that kits suffer badly with age..old yeast old malt extract, so here in Aus they are going to be less good than in England.
As for the awards, they would be as similar as Cooper's Pale is with a Cooper's Pale kit...a pale imitation!

Latest posts

Back