Will this work?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have an opinion on this?

How would I calculate what the temp of the wort will be after topping the cubes up with boiling water?

I don't see a problem with that. With regards to the temperature it might be easier to just measure it the first time.

I don't see a problem with that. With regards to the temperature it might be easier to just measure it the first time.

Yeah it should be OK.

If I can wrap the cubes in a towel and keep the wort temp above 80, when I add the near boiling water it should bring the temp up above 90, which will be easily enough to keep the cubes sterile.

Even if the wort cools to 70 while the kettle is heating up, the mixture will be at 85c after topping up which should still still be fine.

Hi,

I like to pressure ferment in spare corny kegs. 2 x 19l.. but my grainfather only can do 23-25l batches.

Can I use my normal recipe but scale it to 36l (2x18l) that will be around 8.5kg grain..
Brew and Boil it as normal and water it down in the fermenter before adding the yeast ?

Cheers
Stefan

Hi,

I like to pressure ferment in spare corny kegs. 2 x 19l.. but my grainfather only can do 23-25l batches.

Can I use my normal recipe but scale it to 36l (2x18l) that will be around 8.5kg grain..
Brew and Boil it as normal and water it down in the fermenter before adding the yeast ?

Cheers
Stefan
Yes you can, Fresh Wort Kits are usually concentrated in the cube and watered down in the fermenter.

Back