Wide mouth glass fermenters Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew Matt

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has an Australian source for wide mouth glass fermenters in Australia. Wide mouth pickling demijohns have been mentioned, and seen the US wide mouth carboys (like in the pic below, which holds 7 gallons).

tn375_SD-4755J-strap112015104740.jpg

No - but I would like one, please post if you find a supplier.
Mark

Just be careful with the Big Mouth Bubblers coming out of the US, there were quite a few reports over the last few years of them smashing very easily, not sure if they've improved them or not

sp0rk said:
Just be careful with the Big Mouth Bubblers coming out of the US, there were quite a few reports over the last few years of them smashing very easily, not sure if they've improved them or not
That wouldn't be good.

I'd like something like that also Matty if you find a source.

p.s. I still have your bucket fermenter in my shed from many moons ago ;)

Yob said:
Have something against stainless matt?
Love stainless (like everyone else here), but curious to give one of these a go. Being able to see what is happening through the walls, ease of cleaning with wide mouth, perhaps even leaving the hydrometer floating in the wort/beer for most of the duration.

There is nothing easier and quicker to clean than a SS brewbucket. Much easier than the conical and infinitely easier than glass.

GalBrew said:
There is nothing easier and quicker to clean than a SS brewbucket. Much easier than the conical and infinitely easier than glass.
Easier than the Conical? I cleaned my first brew from my Conical in about a millisecond. I was about to gush about the ease of cleaning Conicals. I'm never going back to plastic fermenters, except when I want to brew two beers at once because I can't afford two Conicals (and I doubt I'd fit to of them in my fermentation fridge).

However with the glass if it's not absolutely spotless it sticks out like the dogs'

GalBrew said:
I ferment in a really old 30 litre corny. At the end of the brew I tip the trub / yeast cake on our front garden, quick spray out with garden hose. Fill with 5 litres of water.....tip in 50 grams caustic soda. Put lid on, put it on its side, roll back and forward with foot for a minute or so. Invert after an a few hours, shake a few more times.......done. Dilute the solution, tip out on lawn. Squeeky clean. Pop in starsan. Ready to go again......oh and this old thing has had more hits than Elvis and it's is still smiling and looking for more punishment. Best fermenter I have used. It is high on the easy spectrum.

welly2 said:
Easier than the Conical? I cleaned my first brew from my Conical in about a millisecond. I was about to gush about the ease of cleaning Conicals. I'm never going back to plastic fermenters, except when I want to brew two beers at once because I can't afford two Conicals (and I doubt I'd fit to of them in my fermentation fridge).
I feel the need to pull apart the 3 piece ball valves on the SS brew tech chronical and clean the pieces individually. It's not that hard by any means, but I don't do that with the brew bucket, so it is quite a bit quicker. Because of this I haven't used my conical since I got the brew bucket. Thinking I should get another brew bucket so I can stack them.

It is my life's goal to streamline my process as much as possible. I'm really very lazy......

Latest posts

Back