Why the bloody hell do fly's like my beer so much!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickcr250

Reaction score
I've had a fly in my beer 4 times in 2 days! So frustrating! Does this happen to everyone else or is it just me. It seems like the fly's are really getting into the craft beer thing....

Ducatiboy stu said:
Flies have taste, thats why
Melbourne flies don't. Very bland. Not as fruity this far south. They still love landing in my beer though.

I have the same problem, Queensland flies must enjoy beer. Could be the weather.

I put a coaster on top of my glass, so far it's the best solution I've come up with.

Flies love a home brew so much more than a mega swill, and notice how they are really enjoying being in there? Dead, floating right in the middle of the glass and sort of happy? The foam sticks to them as well, but you can suck that off I guess.

Batz

I would have kept quite on this on Mick, you know what they say about flies and sh*t. Just kidding I'm sure you produce a damn fine drop.

Maybe if you try 1 of these instant remedies....
1/ Drink faster and they won't have a chance!!
2/ Pour a little bit into a jar lid with a sign saying "Free Beer for Flies"
3/ Sprinkle some on the table then sit back with a "Fly Whacker"... Great fun on a Sunday arvo!

Latest posts

Back