Whos Brewin What This Weekend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna Brew a Dark Wheat Sat night ! No chill method.........

Still planning my recipe now and i like the look of a few recipes on ahb espcially Tonys.
I will try the dry wheat yeast instead of my WL liquid, just for a change.
Prost !
:beer:

Nicked some pale malt off my boss, got some crystal, got wheat, pale ale it will be!

My lawnmower beer. :p

Racking Bavarian Lager to Secondary, then Cold Conditioning.

Either a Gold Rush Mabbot's Ale with Safale and lots of Malty goodness and Hops to suit Kilkenny Style.

Or a Mexican Cerveza.

The thinking music is still on, once it stops I hope all will be revealed.

Brownie.

Sadly nothing for me - I collected all the ingredients to do a Witt beer and only just realised last night I have no bottles left - damn it!! Alas I think drinking 20 odd long necks in one night is beyond even me! :D

Maybe I should invite some of the other Perth blokes around to help lol
Hey Bizarre I have a ton of spare stubbies in Bibra Lake if you are itching to do a batch this weekend. :)
I've set the timer switch for my HERMS and HLT for a 5-6 am start on a Jayses Skunk Fart Pale Ale
tomorrow with a coopers sparkling ale yeast :super: .
Happy Days

Doogiechap
Will be keen to hear how the Coopers yeast goes with the Skunk !
Funky Skunk !! :p

Me too ! I used a Wyeast 1056 on my last attempt (my AG cherry) and was very happy but am interested in the fruity factor but perhaps an 18 ferment to keep the bananas away :D

I thought you might get the apple, i always detect in a Coopers, not so much bannana.
cheers

racking my BIAB pale ale tomorrow and doing BIAB #2, the same pale again and trying to perfect it. i missed out a few things first time around so i want to get this one right all the way.

Kegging two brews this weekend with barely enough time to do even that :blink:

Come next weekend, who knows...maybe a JS Golden Ale clone recipe stolen from one of the recent thread on here :)

PZ.

Going to brew an APA similar to Golden Ale, kegging another one of the same that's ready to go :beer:

Need to finish my new manifold beforehand though - getting cramp in my hands from sawing all the slots! :huh:

I've got Wheatbeer and two pilsners to bottle. Then will put down a cider the the SEQ Xmas case swap. Not sure of the two empty fermenters though... maybe a APA or somehting

Hey Incider, are your going to make a Dickin Cider ? man you can't beat a Dickin Cider..... ;)

cheers

Browndog

I had planned to brew tmw, but found out today have to work tmw am :( might be either a late sat nite job or sun maybe. have only 6kg of trad ale & same of wheat left & some dark roast grains, so could be another tasty bock octofest combo, or maybe the 1st wheat beer of summer...

Just pitched the Weihenstephan Weizen (AG) for the Xmas Case Swap and later today milling grist for a Bluey Zarzhoff Dry Stout (AG).

my grumpys gear hasn't come yet :( so i'll be bottleing only this weekend, 23 ltrs of 80/- and 18 ltrs of choc stout

-Phill

German lager and an all Amerillo Amber Ale. Should have 100L of wort ready to pitch by this afternoon all going well.

Derrick

Hey Incider, are your going to make a Dickin Cider ? man you can't beat a Dickin Cider..... ;)

cheers

Browndog

Damn straight Browndog! It's the chicken vs egg debate: Uppin or Dickin Cider. I guess Eve took a bite of the apple so I feel justified.
:D

InCider

I will be throwing my xmas case Porter and an American Amber into the fermenters this weekend. Both were brewed earlier this week using the no chill method.

I'm at capacity at the moment. all 4 fermenters at work in primary. I could filter and keg a beer and leave it there in secondary in the keg for a week to free up a fermenter, but we all know that it won't last a week :)

I'm at capacity at the moment. all 4 fermenters at work in primary. I could filter and keg a beer and leave it there in secondary in the keg for a week to free up a fermenter, but we all know that it won't last a week :)

That's pretty much my situation as well.
I had a triple bottling planned this morning which has been deferred so I can't do the racking rotation to free up a fermenter until I free up the jerry's.
Just as well. I need to psyche myself up. I'm breaking free of my English ale obsession and moving out of my comfort zone by brewing my first Belgian courtesy of TDA's Fly Blown recipe.
:eek:

Back