Whos Brewin What This Weekend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
APA, hopped with POR, Amarillo and Centenial. Just mashed in.

Altbeir Update.......

First time using Nottingham Ale Yeast

23/30L in the fermenter @ 17 DegC and shes trying to climb out - Max Alt!

RM

Bottled my QLD Xmas swap ESB and a Strawberry Wheat beer for summer.

Put down an English Bitter. First Gold & Progress hops, some crystal, medium and dark, chocolate malt and a small amount of roast too. Trying for something at the darker end of the range.

Have to say, one use in and I am know a huge fan of the Nottingham yeast. Left a lovely cake on the bottom and really took all of the floaties with it. Very little lost at racking and bottling time. Nice and active very quickly too!

Had planned to brew an Ignoble Doble-Doble as seen in "Radical Brewing", mashed in at 9:30am when work called and said they needed me to come in at 1.

Bugger! :angry:

Didn't have time for the long mash schedule so just mashed the 1st mash for an IPA, hopped with Simcoe for bittering and EKG @ 30,15 & 0min. Just got it in the no-chill cube before I had to leave for work. :)

Now going home to have a few brews.

Witbier for the small Xmas swap is boiling as we speak. About to add the peel and coriander with a little saaz for flavour too.

Planned on brewing my Xmas case entry today (Saison), but the week has been so mental, it just wasn't going to happen. Next weekend for sure, otherwise it ain't going to be ready.

Doc

Brewed 40L of Australian Ale and 40L of Schwarzbier today. About to filter and bottle my XMas case contribution as well as clean a couple of kegs. Good beer stuff day.

Witbier for the small Xmas swap is boiling as we speak. About to add the peel and coriander with a little saaz for flavour too.
So I was wandering around woolies last night and grabbed a Cooper's Real Ale kit and brewed up the following for something to do last night:
Real Ale
Brew Enhancer 2
300g dark crystal
18g willamette 15 mins
12g willamette 5 mins
12g goldings dry

fermented with the ale yeast in the kit.

Should be okay for sitting around watching the day nighters this Summer.

Brewed 15L of Belgian Wit on Saturday night. Pitched with rehydrated T-58 at 22C. Lets just say I'm glad it was only 15L, if I'd done the usual 23L batch things would have been messy indeed.

In typical wheat beer fashion it was going nuts yesterday morning and the krausen was at the 25L mark. Settling down now though. If there had been much more liquid in there it would have got out. Looking forward to it.

Im having a brew day BBQ this weekend with some friends who are new to the obsession.

American Pale Ale

1.5kg Light liquid malt
1.5kg Light dry malt

.75kg Joe White ale
.25kg Medium crystal
(60mins @ 66deg)

15gr Chinook @ 60mins
50gr Cascade @ 15mins
25gr Cascade @ flame out
25gr Cascade dry

US 56 yeast

BeerSmith Recipe Printout - www.beersmith.com