Who Got Beer Off Their Kids For Fathers Day?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Biab bag, hop sock, beer line.
He's pretty clever for two!

A phone call from the son, with me making 99% of the conversation.
Had a better chat with the daughter, but she has a BA with a major in Communication, so you'd think she'd be better at talking with dear old dad.

Got a book on WWII from daughter, and I'll read that in due course with much interest.
Son made some vague comment about a gift card from Autobarn or something like that. I ain't holding my breath.

I love them both, but man, oh man , communicating with our son is hard work.

I turned 40 two weeks ago and was spoilt , so I told SWMBO to give me nothing...
The bubba gave me a whet kiss and a hug that was priceless
And dad and the fam came over for lunch
Had a great day .... And a few homebrews.....

I got a Hop Zombie glow in the dark t-shirt, a pair of thongs, a cap, the avengers 3d movie amd some beautiful hand made art work from my daughter (she's 2 ). Very happy had a great day.
Adz.

A new bike rack for the car, tshirt, plus some stuff my daughter proudly bought from the stall at school - a torch with 3 broken led's, a poncho that rolls up into a football, and a book called "My daddy thinks he's funny". Kids both gave me gingerbread baked at daycare/school. I reckon the raisins are actually boogies, but I'll assume the oven heat killed the germs.
Throw in a trip to the circus, and lawnmowing & raking with the kids helping and it was a pretty great day.

I received a phone call from one son, the others boy is in Thailand and possibly thinking of things other than his Dad.
We don't do the consumer pressy thing here, when they were younger it was brekky in bed and stuff....and I hate breccy in bed ;)

It's just nice to be thought of on fathers day.

Hope you Dads all had a good one.

phuk man that sounds harsh.. be thankful for every moment (of life in general) mate.. it can all be taken away so quickly and you dont want to have to go on with the what if's..

he probably backs Fords too?

I should be looking forward to a fathers day next year Im told

:beer:

16m of 50x50x2mm RHS to build my brew stand a Blichmann engineering beer gun & fittings kit and a toblerone.Score!!!2 girls really looked after their dad. (with just a little heads up to mummy aka I ordered and picked up the lot.!)However the handmade cards were nice.

Card made at daycare, a book, lots of clothes, ipa kits and bits and 5 kegs to add to the collection. Woohoo. One brand new keg and 4 second handies. Plus our first trip to the zoo with boy. Fantasticast day

Got a bottle opener, it is awesone, gfoes on the key ring. Got some gold coils made out of chocolate. Went fishing and caught an Eel, best fathers day ever!!!
Fear_n_loath

hand made card and a poem from the littlest daughter , Jack Daniels dart board from son and a message on face book from eldest daughter in WA :D

A bottle of something called estrella damm inedit

Comes in a fancy box with a limited edition no. on it.

Sounds a bit belgian wit like. Wheat, coriander orange peel, liquorice flavours mentioned in the tasting notes

Father's day coincided with the fiancee's daughter's 18th.
Had a great day running around to see my dad and fiancee's gran-dad (he's 96, and still quite lucid).
Got the offer of a bamboo frame for my hop trellis (DIY - cut, trim and transport). Thanks to Batz for that excellent suggestion.

A cute little heart-shape Father's Day cake, a hug from the daughter, a hug from the future step-daughter, and a call from my son.

Not a bad day at all. 9.9 out of a possible 10 points (always room for improvement).

Oh...as for beer...I got a growler from Keith (from Potter's brewery) a few weeks back, and I still have a couple of leftovers from the NSW State comp (non-winners 2nd bottles).

I worked flatout all day at the local rugby league semis but got to see one of my daughters for about 5 minutes and gave her two cans of VB I didn't want laying in my fridge - so that was an added bonus ! Just as inportant, Moruya won through to grand finals in both grades.

Plus another daughter slept over at her mother's place - early hours of Father's Day some low life thieves broke in through a back door and stole my ex-wife's car and burnt it out an hour later. Luckily my daughter who has my car for a week didn't leave my car keys lying about, else they would have taken my Commodore rather than the ex's Kia Rio. Unusual Father's Day gift! :rolleyes:

That said, my comprehensive insurance has the car valued over likely market price, so maybe not stealing my car may not have been as much a bonus after all .... <_<

Latest posts

Back