Who buys beer glasses from OP shops?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
I can't go past an O.P. shop without checking for glasses, I've scored some great glasses for just a couple of bucks.

Found these nice pilsner glasses yesterday, six @ $2.00 each.
DSCF7940.JPG

That's a lot of glasses!

I usually only buy them if they are a set of six or more, sometimes four. I did buy a nice Scottish thistle glass once that I couldn't resist.
I don't collect glasses like many brewers.

That's a lot of glasses!

I usually only buy them if they are a set of six or more, sometimes four. I did buy a nice Scottish thistle glass once that I couldn't resist.
I don't collect glasses like many brewers.
I have more stored away in cardboard boxes under beds, in cupboards.I can't help myself when I see a nice glass for a dollar or two most I ever paid was $5 for one glass.I didn't set out to collect glasses it just sort of happened.

Haha no running in your house!
That's awesome I might have to start keeping an eye out for them

I have more stored away in cardboard boxes under beds, in cupboards.I can't help myself when I see a nice glass for a dollar or two most I ever paid was $5 for one glass.I didn't set out to collect glasses it just sort of happened.

No friends with two year old kids then?

No only big kids that want to drink my beer out of every glass especially the larger glasses

Yes op-shops can be a goldmine for beer glasses. I have found a few interesting glasses that I've put into use, but I am on the hunt for Scotch thistles and Belgian chalices, which seem in rare supply. (Most that you find are terrible beers you wouldn't want to drink anyway.)

Shit Ratchie, I thought I had way too many. I've got to show your pics to my wife and ask for more cupboard space. Having said that, she 'borrows' glasses from bars whenever she is overseas.

Yes op-shops can be a goldmine for beer glasses. I have found a few interesting glasses that I've put into use, but I am on the hunt for Scotch thistles and Belgian chalices, which seem in rare supply. (Most that you find are terrible beers you wouldn't want to drink anyway.)

I found one Scotch thistle glass a few years back, never seen another. Cost me $2.00.

I've found a few interesting glasses from op shops the best probably being a small boot from some New England tavern but my best results have been from ebay. From one seller I scored Belgians from most of the big names and a mint Gordon's thistle glass without any competing bids. It was like fate.

also guilty of hitting op shops for beer glasses. scored a half dozen stemmed pilsner urquell glasses for a buck fifty a piece the other day.
this song always plays in my head when I walk into my local life line looking for glasses.

**** me, some nice glasses, I'm going to a couple of op shops now , cheers

**** me, some nice glasses, I'm going to a couple of op shops now , cheers

You have to keep trawling these shops, I visited a few today without any luck. same old 18 today! 60! happy birthday. The same old one litre Oktoberfest things, who's ever going to drink out of one of them at home??
Keep looking you'll get lucky.

You have to keep trawling these shops, I visited a few today without any luck. same old 18 today! 60! happy birthday. The same old one litre Oktoberfest things, who's ever going to drink out of one of them at home??
Keep looking you'll get lucky.
Yep it's not easy. The worst is finding name-engraved 18th glasses and/or sporting trophies. For goodness sake chuck them out no one wants them except freaking weirdos.
Edit: This is one of the hardest posts to get to the end of because of the massive amount of glass photos.

Latest posts

Back