White Labs WLP059 Melbourne Ale yeast to be released

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korev

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

For those of you who have been hanging out to get WLP059 Melbourne Ale Yeast to use on some Bronzed Brew recreations - White Labs are releasing it in April.

So I suggest that you contact your LHBS to preorder some - N.B. there is no point in contacting me!!

Cheers
Peter

I think the way it works is that they still need to receive (currently) 202 orders by April 17, or it won't happen.

Contact Andrew at the brew shop Peakhurst via email sales@ thebrewshop.com.au to pre order

Cheers

kaiserben said:
I think the way it works is that they still need to receive (currently) 202 orders by April 17, or it won't happen.
That's not what their customer club email states "Now is your chance to get these specialty strains without the wait. "

Peter

I tried to get stuff from the Vault before, unsuccessfully.

Anyway, I've contacted Andrew and it seems it is definitely happening no matter the numbers. I've put my order in. Happy days!

this is a good reason to start freezing yeast
might grab a few packs and build up a vault

Korev said:
Hi Guys,

For those of you who have been hanging out to get WLP059 Melbourne Ale Yeast to use on some Bronzed Brew recreations - White Labs are releasing it in April.

So I suggest that you contact your LHBS to preorder some - N.B. there is no point in contacting me!!

Cheers
Peter
No point contacting you? Not even to say thanks for the heads-up?

Goodonya.

Maybe this is the chance to use my 50% off voucher, not that the yeast is till available in vials.

That's awesome. I've sent Andrew an email to see how to get onto this order. I have a dozen original tooths tallie bottles from the 1st world war era, would love to mash the receipe and use the right yeast and bottle it up for special occasions.

The high pressure lager yeast looks interesting since I pressure ferment....

Interesting stuff.

Cheers

Keen to get my hands on some of the melbourne yeast. Never used Whitelabs before so what's the shelflife like, can it be frozen etc?

Ha, I actually mentioned it to the LHBS a week ago in chat. I'll have to press on it now. Well done Peter!

Les the Weizguy said:
Did anyone else not receive a reply at the email address provided above?
I might just try again.
Me neither bro, don't know if I'm in or not

Les the Weizguy said:
Did anyone else not receive a reply at the email address provided above?
I might just try again.
I emailed Andrew 6 weeks ago and emailed me back within 40 min. He said he was negotiating with White Labs to do a pre-order. They don't usually allow homebrew shops to pre-order, they get whatever the commercial customers don't buy. However, given their vault is only open to US customers he was hopeful of doing a deal with them to supply some in April/May. Outside that, he said he'd heard they would be releasing it under the 'Platinum Series' in July. He said he was keeping a list of everyone who contacted him and would do his best to supply everyone if/when he gets some in.

mosto said:
I emailed Andrew 6 weeks ago and emailed me back within 40 min. He said he was negotiating with White Labs to do a pre-order. They don't usually allow homebrew shops to pre-order, they get whatever the commercial customers don't buy. However, given their vault is only open to US customers he was hopeful of doing a deal with them to supply some in April/May. Outside that, he said he'd heard they would be releasing it under the 'Platinum Series' in July. He said he was keeping a list of everyone who contacted him and would do his best to supply everyone if/when he gets some in.
Successfully, I'd say.
Spotted today on the WhiteLabs site...
success.jpg

So any news on this from anyone? Are we getting it in Aus or is that a negative? Or have some of you already been supplied some (I'm looking at Korev here) and have some feedback for the rest of us plebs.

Jack of all biers said:
So any news on this from anyone? Are we getting it in Aus or is that a negative? Or have some of you already been supplied some (I'm looking at Korev here) and have some feedback for the rest of us plebs.
I have contacted Andrew at the Brew Shop Peakhurst - and nothing has materialised yet. Hopefully some will turn up in the next few weeks. Failing that it will be available in July as part of the platinum program

Back