Which Tap And/or Adaptor Do I Need?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatKiwiFella

Reaction score
Hi all,

My 3-tap cobra style font (Lancer Pacific the label says) has arrived!!! Thanks to leeboy for the fast shipping and great description.

I have 3 taps like those in the photos below, with adaptors (which I don't think I need or can use), however the shank of the tap is too large for the diameter of the font connections.

Is anyone able to tell me if I can use a different type of tap and/or if it is possible to get an adaptor so my current taps will fit?

Also, is it possible to buy more of the bolts that attached the font head to the body? They are a bit worse for wear and 2 have rust through and broken.

Finally, is the rubber/silicon gasket replaceable? It also is a bit worn & torn but given the font is not flooded I'm not sure why it is needed.

Just so you know, the fitments attached to the beer line simply slide into the head of the font. They do no screw in or clip in anyway. They are firm though.

Thank you everyone in advance.

ThatKiwiFella :icon_cheers:

IMAG0329.jpg
IMAG0333.jpg
IMAG0331.jpg
IMAG0335.jpg
IMAG0336.jpg
IMAG0337.jpg

the tap look like a snaplok, not too sure about the font

Not sure about attaching the tap, but take one of your bolts in to Bunnings and have a browse around - it's probably a standard size.

Also I think you may be able to get blank gasket material (Bunnings also?) that you can cut to size.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot. Will plan a trip the green shed...

I really don't know what to do about the taps. The diameter of the shank is just 1mm or 2mm too big... I was hoping there was a (relatively) cheap adaptor to attach to the tap that would fit the font connection...

Anybody else with any ideas on parts or other hardware that may be required so I can get this beauty operational?

Hi, I'm pleased your happy with the font.
So there are 2 majoy suppliers of pub quality fonts in Australia Lancer Pacific and Andale. Most of the cheap fonts available are modelled on Andale sizing. Thus most homebrew stores will only carry these parts. As a starting point see below
http://www.lancerbeverage.com/our-products...are/taps-spare-

part 4 here

http://www.lancerbeverage.com/our-products...tors-and-shanks

part 5 here

Not sure which one suits best I'm guessing the first.

a quick call to lancer pacific
08 8268 1388
or email
[email protected]

would be a good starting point too. Once you know size you can hunt down where stocks the right ones!

As for the font. I think it used to be flooded becasue I sold another one exactly the same that had glycol lines and pulled it appart and the gasket leaks/corrosion was from the glycol line joins.

Hope this all helps mate. Sing out if you need more advice!
Lee

acutally on 2nd look I reckon you need no 5 from the 2nd link and
No2 from the first.

call them for size though

Not wanting to hijack the thread but I have the same question. ish..

I have a snaplock adapter but the tap has a locating pin and there is no slot in the snaplock.

Have I got the name wrong. Can you remove the locating pin?

BOG

Not wanting to hijack the thread but I have the same question. ish..

I have a snaplock adapter but the tap has a locating pin and there is no slot in the snaplock.

Have I got the name wrong. Can you remove the locating pin?

BOG

Is it #7 in Leeboy's second link?

I know this is dragging up an old thread but I have finally got an answer as to which shank this font uses... it is a Pushloc Shank Tap Adaptor (that is what Lancer call it).

As correctly stated above, #7 here: http://www.lancerbeverage.com/our-products...tors-and-shanks

Also, if you have a brumby tap, with the shank collar (if thats what it is called) then you don't need to buy that collar/locking nut from what I have been told.

Unfortunately they are pretty hard and damn expensive to get ones hands on, especially here in SA...

My hunt for cheap ones overseas or secondhands ones (3 needed) starts here :beer:

Great work finding that out mate, thanks for the heads up!

I installed one of these fonts about 9 months ago. (My avatar pic) I needed some small olives in order to replace the beer line. I ended up making a car trip to Lancer here in Sydney (Silverwater) and they were very helpful. I only wish I had gone there earlier as the beer line I had purchased was much cheaper at their trade counter.

I actually got sent by Lancer to Andale! haha, go figure... Was told by the sales guy (over the phone) at Lancer Head Office here in Adelaide that they are not setup for over the counter sales so go see Andale. I'm pretty it was because I said I was a home brewer and not part of a pub, that I only needed 3 items and that I didn't know what the exact part I needed was. I even offered to go in with the font but he said not to and to head to Andale.

Andale were fantastic! They didn't have the part as it is not a part of any of their equipment anymore (hasn't been for over a decade) but they dug out an old font to confirm which part I needed and then phoned Lancer, saying who they were, to find out about stock, pricing etc... In the mean time they fitted 3 new nut & olive fitments to 3 x 2m of top notch barline at not charge for their time/labour... I know it is only a small thing but man was it different to how Lancer responded.

Anyway, the hunt for 3 new shanks continues as from Lancer they are more than I paid for the font!

Ever heard the saying "the most difficult thing to get rid of is a body"? I'd just front up at lancer and explain what you need.

Andale in Adelaide are great blokes very helpful and generous with their time.

I need pushlock shanks for my font as well, Lancer were not very helpful
over the phone. They told me they don't sell retail at all,
Only to retailers, beer plumbers etc.
Try your local HBS, they may be able to order the parts for you
Cheers

Dave

Latest posts

Back