Where to start ....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
linny said:
Well ive just finished my third AG batch ,,, realised that my process was a little wrong , corrected that for the 3rd batch ,, but one problem i keep getting is efficiency .... i keep over shooting the projected 74% but about 8-10 points
What an awful problem to have...efficiency too high. I bet a few people here with they had that problem.

If you use brewing software, just adjust your efficiency up by 4 points or so, and then see how you go in your next brew. If need be adjust it again. Just small changes at a time until you hit your numbers pretty much bang on.

It took me quite a few brews to get my numbers right in Beersmith, but now they are right on the mark...assuming I don't deviate from my establish process and gear.

I know right. First World problems. . . Its just annoying because I was making beers 5.2% but its going to push it over 6%... which will wreck the flavor

you could always water it down in the kettle :blink: or just add a few more hops to compensate. (option 2 for me)

If you use software, you can adjust your eff. so that it'll reduce the amount of graiin you require for your recipe on brewday.

Cheers i bottled the my punch and judy style today, though early on it still needs work , it still fermented out to 1010. I'm loving MHB's new setup so much closer for me :)

Latest posts

Back