Where To Get Cheap Control Box

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxd

Reaction score
Hi all,

I will be on the lookout for a control box soon and was wondering if anyone knew of a spot that has control boxes at a good price ?

thanks
Matt

Im assuming a temp control.

I was looking for something on the jaycar site and its proabably not the most user friendly website.

I actually went into my local Jaycar and the guys there were helpful and it wasn't too bad. I have seen one on here that is made out of a chinese container....not my cup of tea but pretty intuitive.

Hey mxd,

What dimensions are you looking at for your control box ? Just for temp mate or larger , Metal or plastic?

MB

it will be larger than a temp mate, it could have 3 PIDs in it same switches to control a pump etc..

it will be larger than a temp mate, it could have 3 PIDs in it same switches to control a pump etc..
I'd be looking at a metal fabicators who do work for electricians i.e building switch board housings, etc. They would probably have some around that are of standard construction so you wouldnt have to get one purpose built.

Barto

Some here... If they are a little big, email them and they may have something smaller. You may want to email them about locks anyway if you're interested in them, That's a cheap price, they sell for about ~$700 brand new that size

I'll be trying out some local electrical wholesalers for a steel electrical enclosure. You just need to work out what you internal dims need to be and then ask the wholesaler what they have.

Or one here from the fellow in Adelaide I got mine from, which resulted in a whole bunch of other members buying from him too. He's a good guy to deal with, drop him a mail

thanks all, I searched for fuse box, contol box, never thought of enclosure.

I have been offered a box, so again thabks every one.

cheers
Matt

Try dropping past any local electrical wholesaler - who also may have something suitable.

Latest posts

Back