Where To Buy Stainless Sheet [perth]

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbrewer76543

Reaction score
hi all,

does anyone know where to get stainless sheet for cheap in Perth?

I've been to a few scrap places to no avail

I emailed a mob in Welshpool about getting some stainless perforated sheet. Min size was 1m x 1m at $222+gst

I'm after a piece 350mm diameter and one 450mm diameter to make a couple of false bottoms

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Hi, I recommend contacting Stainless Fabrication in Bayswater. They're at 30a Katinning St. Bayswater, WA, on 9379 3178

They're great, I had them weld a stainless connection on to my kettle (converted keg) for cheap. They could perhaps sell you some or point you in the right direction.

Cheers,
Scott

Scrap is going to be hard to find, and yes it is expensive new. Could try Sterling's but I am not sure they do part sheet.
Might be cheaper to buy some normal sheet and drill it ?
GB

stainless is a pain the the backside to drill, especially that many holes. Our supplier in Melb is Locker Group who have a branch in Perth however I just checked their prices and for a 1200x2400 sheet youre up for $390(less if its on account) or they can do a half sheet. Your best bet would be to ring around some local fabricators and see if they have offcuts you can buy. Alternatively ask someone like beerbelly to custom make one.
Im in the same boat, I need one at around 420mm and now that I have checked the price of a sheet I may just ask Beerbelly for a price on a custom.

What about using Ali? Surely that is easy to find and would be heaps cheaper & easier to work with.

Roofspan Industries in Myaree might be able to help 93303888
They deal in that sort of material and would be bound to have some offcuts.
Cheers
Doug

Honestly go to TWOC and buy them. The time you spend searching and making them with the added frustration of broken drill bits and everything else you will save time and money.

Back