Where to buy grain in sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctr-dan

Reaction score
I'm looking at doing a brew on the weekend and was after some suggestions where to buy grain.
I was going to order from National home brew but I've left it to late to get here in time.
I have a Country brewer close by but they don't crack the grain to order and I heard that wasn't great. Not sure if that's right or wrong?
I have another LHBS 5 mins away who will crack to order but don't have the largest selection.
So is there anyone you can reccomend that can crack and ship some grain to me to arrive on Friday so I can brew Saturday.
I'm in Sydney
Thanks

I've used pre cracked grain from Country Brewer on many occasions and it's worked just fine
A little on a the expensive side, but still worked fine

i use ether dave or esb. for my grain but i crack my own.

Absolute Homebrew. Order today and fastway will deliver next day metro... (Assuming Pat can get your order packed in time.)

Where about in Sydney?

ESB/Brewshop in Peakhurst has an extensive range of grain that they'll mill to order, and competitive pricing. I used to order Thursday or Friday am and pop down to pick it up early Saturday (and come home having spent at least double. It was even worse for my pocket when Barleyman was open as he was just up the road...)

Dave's homebrew in North Sydney has a reasonable range but is perhaps a little exxy.

Asquith Homebrew and Thornleigh Country Brewer used to be my local stores. I bought from both, but found the trip south to ESB and/or Barleyman worthwhile for the wider ranges of ingredients and equipment. And just for a chat

Pat at Absolute Homebrew in Penrith will help you out & mill your grains for you while you wait if you want fresh grain including some small amounts if you want some specialty grains for a recipe.

Thanks for all the replies, I used Brewman.
Steve provides fantastic service, above and beyond!

Latest posts

Back