Where To Buy A Stirrer Flea?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sammy if it bothers you that much I'm sure they'd be happy to take your phone call... Openly bagging a site sponsor will hardly win friends and influence people! <_<

Is this Australia or China? As far as I know, free speech is still a fundamental part of Australian culture.

And the reason I made the comment about their website is because I often want to see what something looks like before I make the purchase.

For instance, in the case of the stir bars, because there is no product description, and no photo, I have no idea if these do or don't have a pivot. A photo would clarify this quickly and easily, and they might (probably not in this case) avoid a dozen calls from customers with the same question.

Is this Australia or China? As far as I know, free speech is still a fundamental part of Australian culture.

Australia as far as I know and nobody suppressed your right to free speech... I just find that bypassing a business purely on the pretext of a so-so website to be a little like cutting one's nose to spite one's face. I'm sure if you phoned them they'd be happy to help you with your enquiry but hey up to you.

Shop where you want. :)

Warren -

Shop where you want. :)

I shop at Grain and Grape, but I still reserve the right to say their website looks like crap in Safari for Mac.

Picture_1.png

In the interest of fairness (and thread hijacking), this discussion about the G&G website should go [topic="29743"]somewhere else[/topic].

Ordered an itty bitty one from livingstone which will be handy when stepping up slants.
2/3 of the purchase was the shipping :)

I buy mine from Livingstone.

[codebox]

MSB50X8 MAGNETIC STIRRER BARS.50X8MM W/O PIVOT 6.53

MSB50X8P MAGNETIC STIRRER BARS.50X8MM W/ PIVOT (loose) 6.82

[/codebox]

Sammy,

Do Livingstone still hit you with a $20 delivery surcharge? I need a couple more so that I can toss one into a fermenter with every yeast I pitch.
Got a variety of sizes mainly 50mm & 70 mm.
Just saw your post braufrau.

TP

I wonder if you could retrieve the flea with another magnet on the outside

Yes you can braufrau.I use Rattlesnake Sound Eggs --- spheroid magnets that come in a twin pack from either Dick Smith or Jaycar & cost around $5.00.
Very strong & very handy. Lift or slide your fermenter so you can get one of these little buggers underneath & Bob's your uncle. :D

TP

Yes you can braufrau.I use Rattlesnake Sound Eggs --- spheroid magnets that come in a twin pack from either Dick Smith or Jaycar & cost around $5.00.
Very strong & very handy. Lift or slide your fermenter so you can get one of these little buggers underneath & Bob's your uncle. :D

TP

*now* you tell me! :)

There wasn't a $20 surcharge, the flea was $2.50 (or something) and the postage $6 :)

flea8.JPG

Now that's a stirrer flea !

I shop at Grain and Grape, but I still reserve the right to say their website looks like crap in Safari for Mac.

Im suprised no one has said, get a real computer.... :rolleyes:
Personally I would say get a real browser - Firefox. :lol:

Edit: Removed picture from quote

Im suprised no one has said, get a real computer.... :rolleyes:
Personally I would say get a real browser - Firefox. :lol:

Edit: Removed picture from quote

Yeah I can't understand why this issue has being in two threads when there was actually a result to the problem!

Back