Where To Boy Bulk Lme In Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devo666

Reaction score
I am looking to buy LME in bulk to get my brew costs down. ie 25KG pale. I have heard you can get them but cant seem to track them down in Adelaide any clues?​

LME or DME?

DME can be sourced locally from Nige's online store.

Purchasing LME in bulk may cause an issue as once the container is opened, as it could spoil.

LME or DME?

DME can be sourced locally from Nige's online store.

Purchasing LME in bulk may cause an issue as once the container is opened, as it could spoil.

Nige only has 500g or 1kg bags on his site although I'm sure he could come up with a bigger bag given time.

I'd avoid bulk extract personally. The dry stuff will turn into a rock given half a chance & I'm not sure what the liquid stuff would do but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be fun. Bulk grain on the other hand stores fine.........

Not sure if you're after a powder or a big tin of liquid malt. My local home brew store sells 25kg bags of dry malt extract (sticky dry brown colour powder).
Maybe ask your local home brew store if they want to sell it in bulk.

Not sure if you're after a powder or a big tin of liquid malt. My local home brew store sells 25kg bags of dry malt extract (sticky dry brown colour powder).
Maybe ask your local home brew store if they want to sell it in bulk.

Thanks for all the replies Guys, I will check them all out.

DME will be fine for 6+ months if you keep it cool and dry, same as barley malt

DME will be fine for 6+ months if you keep it cool and dry, same as barley malt

DME is horrible shit to work with, i'd rather pay the extra $1-2 per kilo the retailer charges to have it in bags of the required weight.
I know if I were to by 25kg of this stuff it would turn into a large brick.

DME is horrible shit to work with, i'd rather pay the extra $1-2 per kilo the retailer charges to have it in bags of the required weight.
I know if I were to by 25kg of this stuff it would turn into a large brick.

I know of a few people who buy large quantities and then package it themselves into 1 kilo (or whatever size you want) bags.

Back