Where Should I Go In Japan?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great effort with the posts from Japan Henno, I'm loving this thread. Would you believe, Iron Chef on SBS is my favourite show on TV and has been for years. When I win lotto I am definitely going to head over there to try out all those culinary delights I have seen and put their brewers to the test.

omm cuisine

Browndog

Great show Iron Chef :beerbang: I love watching Chairman Kaga dry heave at the start of each show after he bites into the yellow capsicum :lol:

Looks like you're having a great trip Henno, lucky bugger. I love Japan and would love to work there one day. I've got a photo (not digital unfortunately) of a small takeaway beside the road in Narita back in 2001. Stopped by for a quick takeaway bite but had to take a photo of the arrangement of the food inside this little bamboo box they just sold over the counter. Here it is just tossed in a paper bag, there the food was arranged meticulously. Love it. Have some congee for breakfast for me.

Cheers.

Edit: Sorry just read the Japanese name while searching for a receipe: Kanji, Hiragana or Romaji.

Hey,

I am glad you found Doll Dress! I was a bit worried as the taxi driver seemed a little clueless.....and the directions that I gave him were a vague.

Will you be coming back to Japan anytime soon?

Regards,

David "Steve" Johnson.....at BeerBelly 2

Sorry about the name thing Dave. Early onset alzheimers I suppose.

We are definately coming back. I live in a pretty small town in Australia with two tiny supermarkets I am dreading having to live out of again. If it wasn't for being able to supply myself with fresh seafood and go for a surf now and then I don't think I could stand going back.

Have a look at the above link, I am about to add a photo of you hard at work.

Thanks again mate.
We had a top night.

Latest posts

Back