Where Is Your Closest Brewery?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is your closest brewery?
:ph34r: CUB! I'm a stones throw from them, i smell the mash/boil on a daily basis! I guess they ain't a brewery anymore considering they are now named "Carlton & United Beverages"!

Is it a brew pub? NO

Does it sell bottles nationally or locally? internationally!

Do you love it? Nope!

Next one is Mountain Goat, 2.5-3k walk from my house. Niiice!

Is it a brew pub? No, well sorta, they serve beers on Wednesday and Friday nights.

Does it sell bottles nationally or locally? Nationally

Do you love it? Yeah, its great! Hightail! mmmmmm!

moo brew and cascade both about ten minutes drive. though the keg fridge is one flight of stairs down. gets a bit tricky later at night. :icon_drunk:

here in the gong im about 5min from 5ibc, my place in newwy is about 30mins from potters.

Happy Goblin. Somewhere in an industrial area in Mt Kuringai, 10 minutes up the road.

Is it a brew pub?
No

Does it sell bottles nationally or locally?
Available at a few local independant stores in Northern Sydney, and a few resturants too apparently

Do you love it?
Beers vary from batch to batch. Their Pale Ale was pretty nice last time I tried it, and their Stout was fantastic!

Burleigh Brewing - the home of Duke
www.burleighbrewing.com

Is it a brew pub?

No - though they have a lounge bar in the brewhouse.

Semi-locally - Dukeland is (from memory) Harvey Bay to Pt Macquarie.

Do you love it?

Yup. Favourite would be their Heffeweisen.

FYI - apparently they have been working on a new brew that they plan to test on the lounge patrons this Friday night - no word on what the style might be at this stage though.

:icon_offtopic:
FYI - apparently they have been working on a new brew that they plan to test on the lounge patrons this Friday night - no word on what the style might be at this stage though.

Schwarzbier? :unsure:

Back patio

Is it a brew pub?
Yep, beer on tap!
Excellent food, Unless I'm cooking..

Nope

Do you love it?
f%&k oath!

QldKev

Down the road - Holdfast hotel

Is it a brew pub?

Yes

No and No

Do you love it?

No, I find their beers to be bland, as if they are trying to imitate commercial beers and not create their own. Had the belgian golden ale and was thoroughly dissapointed, had a taste of there wheat beer - again extremely average!

Other than the beers, the place has been refurbished and looks absolutely brilliant. Would recommend going there for lunch ($10 beef schnitzel in a place that looks like they would be charging $20)

One of the fellahs here is from Western Sydney.
Is anything happening out that way?
Ive seen some "unusual" lagers in the bottlo's out that way.

In the shed, 20 metres away or so.

my_set_up.jpg

Batz

Less then five minutes down the road.

Is it a brew pub?

It will be as of next week.

Not yet, but soon...

Do you love it?

Yes, apart from when the @$%&^ing filler doesn't work.

Yep Got Joe White across road, not a brewery. So think coopers then regency tafe, Followed by brew boys (yet to try) with Port Dock not that much further (havent tried for Years).

well, closest would have to be O'Brien brewery, then the Uni of Ballarat.

Then (I think) 3 troupers in the pyranees district, but don't have a 'brewery door' followed by holgate in Woodend.

So I guess Holgate is classed as the nearest one set up for the visitor so +1 to all the Holgate info above...

gage roads is closest to my house which is great, they do keg hire for parties for $230 a keg -$23 if your a student (my brother is) :beerbang:

but my work is literally next door to little creatures and close to mad monk and sail and anchor on south terrace

cant complain :rolleyes:

Zierholz Premium Brewpub is 8 minutes drive from my house.

The Wig & Pen is about 15-20 minutes away.

I have brewed at Zierholz, and have watched, but not participated at the Wig & Pen.

W&P has a bottled beer, but nothing yet from Zierholz....

Like Batz, 10 metres away in the shed

TheBreweryBar_1.jpg TheBreweryBar_2.jpg

Commercial brewery is The Sunshine Coast Brewery, 50 min away and worth the drive for their Rye ESB alone :super: :beer:

Screwy

Awesome shed there, Screwy. I can't believe I haven't seen it yet!
My closest brewery.... well, not including my own, which is about 5 metres away in the garage... my closest commercial brewery would have to be probably XXXX, then Craftbrewer/Bacchus Brewing then MT Brewery...

Anyone see an opportunity here....

Closest micro would be James Squire in Melbourne, an hour away from where I live. The Scottish Chiefs still does not have a brewer working in their brewery and have not brewed for years.

Latest posts

Back