Where Can I Get A German Stein With Lid

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, Max Krug is also on Neuhauser str. but is not the store I saw(Photo's on page 1).
How the hell did I walk past Max Krug without noticing it??

Simon

Could it have been for the same reason as me? I rarely got past the Augustiner Keller. ;) :chug:

Warren -

Pumpy - this place in Montville, Sunshine Coast has them, and the beer cuckoo clocks as well, saw them there last year.

linko

Just bought a stein of e-bay, turned out to be a bit bigger than I thought. Not sure my liver could keep up <_<

Looks like I'll have to keep searching.

Just bought a stein of e-bay, turned out to be a bit bigger than I thought. Not sure my liver could keep up <_<

Thats awesome Mika, I nearly shit my pants when I saw that pic!

Yeah....not sure what I'm going to use it for now. I guess if someone comes round I can grab it and ask if they'd like a beer :D

Christ on a bike! Whats that puppy hold? I'm guessing its near 2L. I have a 1L glass oktoberfest stein but it looks significantly smaller than that. Altho it does weigh a lot.....

As far as sourcing these beasts, loads of cheap taiwanese knockoffs in 'antique' stores. Really, how stupid do they think people are. Lift the bugger up, turn it over and made in taiwan. And then they look at you with a straight face and say its authentic.

mother of god....... polish off one of those mika and the only thing you'll be searching for is a stomach pump and a liver transplant.

For those in WA, have a look at the steins at the International Beer Shop next time you're in, I think there's a couple (possibly all Weihenstephan steins) with and without lids.

Cool, that might be my afternoon gone :D

Don't say I didn't warn you about the price though, it's a traditional german stein, and after reading this thread it seems they're all pretty steeply priced.

thats crazy , put it by your bed in case an intruder comes in your house and you need a weapon to kill them dead with

Yeah, it's out there. Just to put it into perspective, that laptop's got a 15" screen as well, it's no toy.

Official measurements have it at 320mm high, and 140mm dia. at the top. It does taper a bit. Punch that into the calculator and it comes out at a shade under 5L, so with the taper, 5L would be just at the top.

Got a bit of a funky smell to it, think it's going to be purely ornamental.

thats crazy , put it by your bed in case an intruder comes in your house and you need a weapon to kill them dead with

Is there another type of "KILL' that the rest of us are not aware of?

Damn you Google Images! :super:
beer%20mug.JPG

pic to follow my sister in law bought a stien back fom munich in feb

Picked this thesetwo earlier today at a Flea Market at Toukley on the central coast for the massive cost of $6 for the glass one and $10 for the ceramic one both are stamped western german made...

the glass ones not super fancy has kinda like a barley engraving across it with possibly some hop flowers aswell, didnt show up too good in the pics , the ceramic one well im sure the south aussies will like it... not a bad looking thing for the cost, lid need a polish though... dunno how old either of them are but id say theres a few years under the belts...

Glass_Stein.JPG

SA_Stein_1.JPG

SA_Stein_2.JPG

good find the west end dirt one could b worth a bit in years too come

I saw 2 steins with lids at the local market yesterday. One was made in Japan and the other was marked as an Avon product. Both were about $5 each.

Instead, I picked up this heavy little stoneware jobbie for $2.40 (contents of my pocket). It's a half litre German Gerzit product, and it weighs a hefty 750g. They changed the company name from Gerz to Gerzit when they wanted to be perceived as "modern", so I suppose it's fairly new-ish. I like it coz it sez "BAYERN" plainly on the front.
Seth :p
Stein_sml.jpg

I bought one home from when I was in oktoberfest in 2005.

70 Euros well spent. It is a limited edition, number and everything!

I'm yet to drink from it though

Back