Where Can I Buy Wine Yeasts?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bizier

Petite Mutant
Reaction score
I know next to nothing about the winemaking world.

If one had a shopping list of the following yeast strains, where would one go to purchase such items?

Lalvin 33
Uvaferm CM
Lalvin RA17
VL3
Lalvin 71B

Any suggestions appreciated.

It really depends how much yeast you want, you can buy them in 500g packs from various retailers like Winequip.

However, if you want small (5g or 11g) type packs it is almost impossible to find locally. A few years ago you could have purchased those exact yeasts from various HBS that 'pack down' the larger packs into 5g packets and on-sell them, but the manufacturer does not allow that now. You could buy them in small packs and have them shipped from the USA, or find a HBS that sells 'equivalent' but different branded yeast in small packs. THBS is where I'd start and they'll send you packs of yeast in a 50c envelope so you don't have to worry much about postage.

As much as I hate putting in a plug for Brewcraft, they have a complete range of Vintners Harvest wine yeasts in small packages. I think it is a Brewcraft home brand repackaged version of your standard wine yeasts. Cheers

Craftbrewer has a few as do a few other shops. You can also get Wyeast liquid ones.

So it looks like MoreWine or similar is probably the pony to bet on as per my searching. And yes, I am not after 500g each. This is a pretty whimsical experiment for me, so I am trying to keep it small and low cost.

Latest posts

Back