Where Are You From ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you live and brew ?

• New South Wales

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Queensland

• Victoria

• Tasmania

• Western Australia

• Northern Territory

• ACT

• New Zealand

• ummm there was somewhere else......South Australia

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another 1 in the Pibara , South Hedland ,Western Australia

Hey folks... guess i've been lurking around here long enough to actually say who the hell i am.

Living in Brunswick, Melbourne. Started brewing K&K a fair few years ago and did quite a few of them. Then moved up to northern new south and started again there but didn't understand the whole temp control and sanititation things which in that climate punished me severely so sort of gave up. Moved back down here and decided to start again and somehow - still not sure how it happened, i think reading this forum might've had something to do with it - started going ballistic and learning how to actually do it for real. Still doing extract+steeping but have a partial stout planned next and am starting to plan out my AG system. Damn you people! :D

Anyways... brew on :beer:

cfm.

Hi All

Born in Bankstown, NSW, grew up in Liverpool, then moved all of 30 mins away to Narellan in the South West of Sydney. :D

Great site by the way and I thought I knew a little bit about brewing until I came here :p

Cheers
Homer

I am in Slowbart Hobart. Been brewing slowly for about 5 years, would have only done a dozen brews, still using kits with additives, extra hops, better sugars, more malt. Next brew is Coopers Bav. Lager, I am thinking of adding some Mixed citrus peel and coriander seeds to make a rough pseudo Hoegaarden Wit.

I am happy to play around and brew at my leisure. I would love a small keg to take to mates places for drinkies, only 5L or so though.

Anyone else from The Territory?

I have introduced myself previous in another thread, but I thought a it of shameless self promotion never hurt anyone.

My name is Reece and I am in Alice Springs. 'The Alice' is a good place I suppose, only here for another year or two then maybe back to sunny Darwin.

I am interested to hear from anyone from the NT, especially if they are into AG brewing.

Cheers,

Reece

Offically the only member of the Alpaca's Brew Club,

Ales
Lagers
Pilsners
Aficionado
Club
Alice
Springs

Abigail_20talks_20mar_small.jpg

intro'd myself yesterday, or the day before, and neglected to say where i was from. brewing at the moment in the 'lovely' southern suburbs of wollongong. temp control in the heat is an issue, but hey, thats part of the joy.

anyway, im in the gong.

catch you later,

plooky

From Muswellbrook - NSW. This is the final stop after Leeton, Woy Woy, various parts of Sydney, Umina, Pearl Beach and Umina (again).

SWMBO started her trek out of Cheshire England........

Brewed previously in late '70s, mid to late '80s, eldest son bought me a starter kit for Xmas. Presently going through a few kits to get back into routine. They are a heap better than years gone by. Still looking for a base brew to expand on. Coopers Lager appears to be leading the pack, but plenty more to try yet.

Haven't got the room presently to set up for kegging or mashing, so must be content with bottling.....

Bonnet Bay, NSW :beerbang:

Grew up in Maryland,NEWCASTLE moved to PENRITH,

Found out it was a hole and to hot so moved up the BLUE MOUNTAINS,

Love it here and the shed under the house it excellent for brewing stays at 17degrees constantly(except for the heat waves where it raises 1 degree each day) love all the help and advise at aussie homebrewer dot com and the local home brew shop.

totally addicted and gaining wait, cheers :beer:

From Sydney, Now live in Adelaide

Wraith

I am from Sydney but have just moved the whole family out of North Narrabeen and we are going south of the border... to Ashburton in Melbourne. My god it has been an effort to find somewhere to rent in Melbourne!

Anyway, I guess the "North Narra Nano Brewery" will be opening up its Victorian operations in a few weeks (do I have to change my brewery name?). Hope all those full bottles in the removals container haven't exploded!

Any tips on local hbs would be appreciated.

Andrei

I'm a Pom living in Thailand.

Aussiland is the closest place that has brewing stuff for me.

Good to see Canberra holding its place, More than NT or TAS and I bet the folk from Queanbeyan, Jerra and the rest of the region who use ACT HBSs count as NSW.

born in Wollongong, now in Waterloo in Sydney.

I bought a 2 bedroom apartment, so basically I have the fermenter usually under the kitchen table or like now, sitting in the spare bedroom in the back corner bubbling away. The girlfriend hates the bubbling (and the beer, and the fermenter, and the smell, and... probably me too) but tough luck, I like it.

I just wish I had enough room for a keg setup.

Hi all,

Am new to AHB and must say top forum, lots of knowledge here.
Live in Adelaide, have done all my life. Been brewing since early 2000.

Cheers

P.S. Im also a responsible firearms shooter so if anyone has a property within 6 hours drive of Adelaide and has a problem with ferals (Not the human kind) they want dealt with I would be more than happy to help you out, just drop me a PM.

The girlfriend hates the bubbling (and the beer, and the fermenter, and the smell, and... probably me too)

lol they don't change once you marry them either :)
my missus gets the cranks with everything about home brewing, including me even doing it sometimes.
I just remind her that if I didn't homebrew I'd be buying beer by the carton (and good stuff at $70 a pop too).

Edit: Oh on topic.... I'm back in Canberra now , after spending 18 months in Perth (Originally born and raised there).

I actually prefer living here in Canberra rather than Perth, apart from not being near family (well some family :p).

Perth is getting to be too much of a big ugly sprawl nowadays, with no real planning going on. The roads are worse than Sydney (and the house prices).

Anyway enough rant....

For me:
Perth: 25 years
Canberra: 10 years
Perth: 18 months
Canberra: 2 months

UK & Ireland 18years
Victoria 10 years
SE Qld 12 years

Born in Scotland, Paisley.
Lived in Germany, America when young.
Moved to Edinburgh, 9 years
Moved to Hobart 5 years ago.

Born In Melbourne, Australia
Raised in Melbourne, Australia
Working in Melbourne, Australia
Living in Melbourne, Australia

Never left the country yet, i'd rather explore my own backyard first ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back