Where are all the galaxy hops hiding in Melbourne?!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lswhi3

Reaction score
I need about 500g of galaxy! Doesn't seem to be any available on either G&G or HopDealz!

nope.. haven't had any since before Xmas I think.. the remainder the country had got shipped to desperate Yanks AFAIK.

Supply of 2015 stocks is probably a month or so off yet.

I think Ive got a bit in the bottom of my freezer you are welcome to... but it's nowhere near 500g

if it helps.. HPA Flavor wheel

I understand that Hop Thief 7 is going to be mainly Galaxy, and that would have Hoovered up most of the last crop.

Luke1992 said:
I need about 500g of galaxy! Doesn't seem to be any available on either G&G or HopDealz!
As Yob points out, it's not a Melbourne thing - it's a global problem. Similar to what's happening with many popular US varieties soon... Amarillo, Citra and Simcoe will be hard to source until 2015 crop arrives, Centennial has had a massive price rise - likely that others will follow suit as they're gobbled up in the wake of these hop shortages.

Not being alarmist or anything... ;)

As posted recently Hop Products Australia are increasing production by 50% across all lines.

Craftbrewer have Galaxy but you won't get 500gm.
There flowers are awesome, I got some a few weeks back.

Bribie G said:
As posted recently Hop Products Australia are increasing production by 50% across all lines.
That won't significantly affect yields for the next few years though.

Luke1992 said:
I may have some I could be convinced to part with - probably more like 200ish g if that will help.

Will have to have a look in the freezer when I get home.

There might be some flowers in there too.

Stay tuned I will let you know

I bought 350 grams when I heard of the shortage surfacing :).

If anyone is desperado, I could probably split 100grams

As I understand it Galaxy fully sold out for 2015 brew year... exported to North American brewers. I agree its one hell of a hop...

Goose said:
As I understand it Galaxy fully sold out for 2015 brew year... exported to North American brewers. I agree its one hell of a hop...
Don't know where you heard that.

We contracted a bunch of 2015 crop last year, as would have many local breweries and brew shops.

Unloaded a couple of pallets of it off a truck at work last week. (the place that makes the hop thief)

it's my favourite and does my head in, seeing tonnes but not being able to get any!

Spiesy said:
Don't know where you heard that.

We contracted a bunch of 2015 crop last year, as would have many local breweries and brew shops.
ah yes mate I am sure you did ;) But I doubt you could contract for additional. I think we are talking different things.

Goose said:
ah yes mate I am sure you did ;) But I doubt you could contract for additional. I think we are talking different things.
Got you. No reserve/surplus stock.

printed forms section said:
Unloaded a couple of pallets of it off a truck at work last week. (the place that makes the hop thief)

it's my favourite and does my head in, seeing tonnes but not being able to get any!
and to see it wasted on oceans of that particular beer to. :( :angry:

Me and Aydos have 5KG. We are selling it for 200000000 a kilo.

Latest posts

Back