When The Beer Runs Out What Do You Drink

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I'm getting low, I generally supplement stocks with my favourite commercial beer, currently James Squire Golden Ale. Or I'll have something else like a scotch, or a nice unwooded chardonnay, or a tequila sunrise. I'm another one of the don't like to get drunk crowd... well not too drunk anyway.

Coopers stout! Is there any other substitute... :beerbang:

If no beer, then I'd drink cider or ginger beer. If that ran out, then I could start on the mead or the port. If that ran out, then I might start drinking the spirits that are stashed in the cupboard (scotch, rum, vodka, kahlua, probably other stuff in there as well).

Actually, I'd probably just drink ice cold filtered water. That can be quite refreshing. Just need to make up some lime cordial again.

Love my wine but I don't drink that much of it.
I have 2-3 alcohol free days per week and the other 4 days I drink no where near enough to get me pissed so the alcohol intake isn't that high.
I usually grab the 2 bottles of Jim Beam for $50 deal when it's on and it lasts me for ages.
My latest summer tipple when the beer runs out is a mix of vodka, ginger beer, a dash of lime and plenty of ice.
So refreshing, and just enough alcohol to take the weight of the days woes of your shoulders!

Fortunately the B3 fits in the new garage along side my fridges and the wife can still get the car in, unfortunately there it has sat since it fit snuggly in!! I know I know what a waste.

You put a car in the garage!?!?! Mate that is just weird!

Never run out around here, as there is always beer in the fridge.
Cheers
Gerard

You put a car in the garage!?!?! Mate that is just weird!

Never run out around here, as there is always beer in the fridge.
Cheers
Gerard

Hmmm, what's wrong with this picture, oops, signature...

--------------------

On Tap: Brewers Selection IPA, Brewers Selection Porter
Lagering Brewers Selection Lager
Primary:Nil
Next brew :Brewers Selection Special Easter Stout (test brew)

Porters, Pilsners, etc., but Gerard drinking an IPA?!? :eek: :eek:

What's next, a R+, Infinity or Hoptomic Bomb in the Brewers Selection? B)

Cheers.

Edit: Making the highlight stand out :)

When The Beer Runs Out What Do You Drink, whats your alternate drink?

Metho, mainly, tho Simon has got me on to his favourite, radiator fluid.

Sorry, couldn't help meself :p

What ever is wet :D .
I like going the trappiste type beers and wheat beers, and white wine and red wine, cheap or exxy. Even scored some red and white for around $2 a bottle. Good to drink for everyday stuff. Have a pretty good stash of older wines as well, which we must drink some time soon.
Eric :chug:

Don't have to run out of beer to drink a good wine or two.

On the beer front who can go past Coopers Ales and Stout? Would have to be a very thirsty day in hell before resorting to the other (big) SA brewer.

Bill

When the homebrew runs out I run out of money quickly buying beer.

Hargreaves Pale Ale
Hargreaves Porter
Little Creatures Bright Ale
Emerald Hill Pale Ale
Red Duck Porter

They are my favs at the moment. The Bright Ale is a treat in the hot weather.

Thankfully it hasn't happened in my household.

Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance :D

C&B
TDA

when its gone I go for a germany import BITburger, carlton draught, xxxx gold and a change to spirits a glass of bundy rum mmmmm :super:

--------------------

Cheers.

Duff, i'm pretty sure GM would have diluted to 28 litres..!! :lol:

Well I drink this not necessarily when the beer runs out, but on occasion when I am out at the pub. It is called a Rusty Nail and an old Scottsman got me on it. It is usually made up of one 1 oz Scotch, 1 oz Drambuie and either with or without a shot of water; some bartenders vary how they make 'em. If you like scotch give this one a go next time you're at the pub.

BTW I usually have to tell the bartenders here how to make Rusty Nails, not sure on the Aussie bartend talent though.

... It is called a Rusty Nail...
I remember the Rusty Nails from many, many years ago... all but faded into antiquity these days. Squashed Frogs and Chicken Abortions were another all-time favourite at the Vic in Wagga on the rare occasions we were allowed out during Basic Training... ahh, the memories :beer:

Enjoy a nice red wine. Sometimes even the not so nice ones.

:ph34r: the same here.. :party:

Ditto.

It is a bit difficult to answer as its never going to happen here.

I get the sh#ts when I see an empty keg. :angry:

In fact I have the sh#ts now.

But I'II be happy again on the weekend. :D

Scott

I remember the Rusty Nails from many, many years ago... all but faded into antiquity these days. Squashed Frogs and Chicken Abortions were another all-time favourite at the Vic in Wagga on the rare occasions we were allowed out during Basic Training... ahh, the memories :beer:

Heya Lacto, I assume you are talking about basic training during WW2. I had a grandfather and several great uncles that fought in the RCAF and Army during the war. I have great respect for all all commonwealth troops, and during my university studies I learned that aparently Hitler didn't like fighting Aussie, Canuck or Kiwi troops (Aparently we gave 'em an asskicking).

Not too sure if I'd wanna try a chicken abortion or a squashed frog, but they sound interesting. Anyways I raise my Altbier to ya, and all the others that fought for their country.

--------------------

Cheers.

Well the keg just ran out, so no more IPA for me. I got one schooner after ctraining then it coughed. Looks like its Porter for a couple of days while the Lager gases up.
Cheers Gerard
See you next Friday for a couple eh KoNG!

Latest posts

Back