Wheely Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well the prints are on, looks hot... :p , prob is, camera had a crap attack...

Just catching up on this thread. It's great. I'm not kegging yet but it certainly gives you something to think about.

I've got a mate who lives down the south coast (NSW). His recycleables wheely bin has a divider down the guts of it. Paper one side, glass and plastic the other.

If you could score one of these, (or add a wall to a normal bin), you could put ice in one side for your lager keg, and your ale keg in the other side so you serve the ale a few degrees higher. A multitemperature wheely keg.

Not sure if this would work - but say the ice in the lager side still cooled the ale side somewhat - you could put a small 12V PC fan in the back of wheely bin to pump outside air into the ale side of the bin to raise the temp to the desired level (???). Connect this up to a simple mechanical thermostat and run it with a small 12V battery that you stick inside the lid. Open the lid and you have the battery and thermostat mounted side by side.

If the assumption is wrong and the lager side doesn't cool the ale side through the "wall", wack the PC fan in the dividing wall and pump cold air from the lager side to the ale side as needed. or insulate the wall with a cheap sleeping mat and do it this way??

dreams of a non kegger..........

Come on Warb - fix that damn camera.

Don't think I can wait any longer!!!!

haha, well i hate to say it, its finished and looks good, hopefully someone will have a camera at the party tomorrow!.. :huh:

the good news.... canon fixed the camera..

the bad news, its been stripped and I have used the taps elsewhere..

just went very basic.. here it is :huh:

04-12-07101.jpg

it fits in the station wagon, but time to downsize.... it just too big..

I know what ya mean warb, Size is everything, I have just ordered at 3 gallon keg from Brewers Discount to go with my tap that fits onto the keg and co2 charger, that will be my perfect party item, if it's a big party I will just use a 5 gallon keg in an ice bath.. easy!

yes, my tap arrived the other day.... here is a recent effort, with a bucket of ice

10-12-07%20024.jpg

warb - could always go the kmart cooler. though with it being open wouldn't be a lot better than the old bucket

cooler_5gall.jpg

yes, have seen that post, and taking notes :)

Latest posts

Back