Wheat beer Yeast help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAAhaa!! I finally found the attach button.. "I swears it precious, it wasn't there before"

Any ways my brew is on the left

SIDEbySIDE.JPG

Chookers said:
The date on the bottle says 30/11/16 17:14, I bought it from Dan Murphys in out of the fridge, brought it home and put it straight in my fridge. I also bought a bottle of Franziskaner Hefe Weissbier, I suppose I better do a side by side with that bottle too.

Perhaps I picked up a bad bottle of the Weihenstephaner?

Is there a good Aussie version of this beer I can compare it too, I just wanted to make sure I was in the realm of flavour I'm supposed to be in with this style.
I usually check expiry dates on beer, especially imported beer, as I have been caught out a few times, especially with Czech pils or other lager (including Coopers*

* was told to buy a box full of one of the Coopers lagers, after contacting the company to complain about a few singles that were 'Meh'. Nope, don't believe the hype.

manticle said:
Could try moo brew hefeweizen but should also be able to find fresher, better kept versions of schoferhoffer, erdinger, weihenstephaner or frankinzaner.
Redback is still fair passable in my book, and similar to Schneider Weisse. Usually good to go for Moo Brew and Schoff or Paulaner. Weihenstephan is normally quite good/fresh too. Flying Dog wheat is surprisingly good too, in my experience.
If you can find a pub that has Erdinger or Franziskaner on tap, they are usually in good nick.

Forgot paulaner. Worth it when fresh.

And by fresh I don't mean arrived from the brewery yesterday, I mean within date and not mistreated.

Cool, I will have to go and get some of those.. thanks for the suggestions

Yep I had a wiehenstephaner on the weekend that had a best before date in either july 2016 or july 2017 can't quite remember which.... and it was worth the $6.20 i paid for the single! I almost saved the sediment to reculture the yeast, but then I couldn't be arsed...

Back