Whats Your House Beer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
I must say that the Aidans Irish red in the Data base is getting pride of place as my house beer a lovely balanced beer always on tap

Along with a stronger Ale

What is your House beer that is always on tap ?

Pumpy . :)

Nice bitter !!!!

Recipe: 0004 Jaybrew Bitter v1.0
Brewer: Jason Burdett
Asst Brewer:
Style: Special/Best/Premium Bitter
TYPE: All Grain

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 23.00 L
Boil Size: 30.67 L
Estimated OG: 1.045 SG
Estimated Color: 13.4 SRM
Estimated IBU: 31.9 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.0 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
4.50 kg TF Maris Otter Pale Ale Malt (3.0 SRM) Grain 93.8 %
0.20 kg TF Crystal (74.0 SRM) Grain 4.2 %
0.05 kg TF Roasted Barley (609.1 SRM) Grain 1.0 %
0.05 kg Weyermann Caraaroma (178.0 SRM) Grain 1.0 %
32.00 gm Fuggles [5.00%] (60 min) Hops 18.5 IBU
28.00 gm Williamette [3.40%] (20 min) Hops 6.7 IBU
28.00 gm Williamette [3.40%] (10 min) Hops 4.0 IBU
28.00 gm Williamette [3.40%] (5 min) Hops 2.2 IBU
28.00 gm Williamette [3.40%] (1 min) Hops 0.5 IBU
0.50 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 10.0 min) Misc
1.00 tsp Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) (Mash 60.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs US-56 (Safale) Yeast-Ale

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge
Total Grain Weight: 4.80 kg
----------------------------
Name Description Step Temp Step Time
Mash In Add 12.53 L of water at 80.1 C 67.0 C 60 min

Notes:
------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alt
Far Kin Ale

I'm hoping to introduce a recipe of my own devise, but to date and on the basis of most brewed it would be either Coopers Pale or Coopers Bitter.

It will be a Sierra Nevada Style Pale Ale once I make and drink enough of it... :huh:

Nice Recipe JSB must give that a try

Coopers pale ale is a nice drop SMOI

Wots with the Firkin or the Farkin ???sounds a bit country

pumpy :)

I must say that the Aidans Irish red in the Data base is getting pride of place as my house beer a lovely balanced beer always on tap

Cheers Pumpy. Always a favourite here is Aidans Irish Red :p , as is Abbey's Dubbel :p
My son (Aidan) thinks that any beer that has a nice ruby tinge to it is Aidan's Irish Red (which is getting brewed again this weekend as I'm down to 1/3 of a keg of it) :p

Doc

Along with a stronger Ale

What is your House beer that is always on tap ?

Pumpy . :)

Any low bittered style of English Ale. "Speckled Hen"

It used to be weizen, but I brew such a variety now.

Who knows,...it may soon be Wit or Saison or AIPA, or Gose

Obfuscating and dithering. Seth :p

Has been APA for many years here and still is.

use to be a coopers pale clone but now the lcpa clone is my fav.

Apa's for me.

Love the cascade and amarillos along with the ahtunum hops.

cheers
johnno

My "house ale" is fast becoming a hallertau hopped Aussie Pale Ale. But then these things move in cycles for me. I can already feel myself wanting to brew a good Mild but I am trying to wait for some cooler weather first.

Anyway, my house pale ale goes something like:

17L batch (keg), 1.040 OG
85% Ale malt
10% Munich
5% Wheat
Bitter to 26 IBUs
17g Hallertau @ 15mins
17g Hallertau @ 5mins
17g Hallertau @ 0mins

For the most recent one I stuffed up my efficiency and ended up with a 1.033 OG! Tasted great though out of the fermenter, should be a good low alcohol quaffer! Its carbonating as we speak.

Simple APA for me.

GRAIN
9.5kg (95%) Joe White Ale malt
0.5kg (5%) Medium crystal malt

HOPS
45gr Nugget @ 60mins
80gr Amarilo @ 20mins
40gr Amarilo at flame out

1 Irish moss tab

YEAST
US 56

I confess to not really having one... 10 years of hombrewing and I can safely say I've never totally repeated a recipe twice. :lol:

There's been quite a few that have been worthy of becoming household staples, my current stout for example comes blindingly close. Unfortunately I go to repeat the recipe and just can't help myself. Invariably I "tweak" the recipe at the last second in pursuit of improvement. Generally speaking the resultant beer winds up better OTOH no staple recipe. :blink:

I sort of think that part of the fun of brewing for me these days is knowing that I'm capable of vague repeatability of results but with the surprise of an added dimension to the beer when I make it if that makes any sense. :rolleyes:

Warren -

I can already feel myself wanting to brew a good Mild but I am trying to wait for some cooler weather first.

Can't say I blame you there. Dark Mild is one of my winter faves. :beerbang:

For the most recent one I stuffed up my efficiency and ended up with a 1.033 OG! Tasted great though out of the fermenter, should be a good low alcohol quaffer! Its carbonating as we speak.

There's your Mild earlier than expected. :lol:

Warren -

I confess to not really having one... 10 years of hombrewing and I can safely say I've never totally repeated a recipe twice. :lol:

There's been quite a few that have been worthy of becoming household staples, my current stout for example comes blindingly close. Unfortunately I go to repeat the recipe and just can't help myself. Invariably I "tweak" the recipe at the last second in pursuit of improvement. Generally speaking the resultant beer winds up better OTOH no staple recipe. :blink:

I sort of think that part of the fun of brewing for me these days is knowing that I'm capable of vague repeatability of results but with the surprise of an added dimension to the beer when I make it if that makes any sense. :rolleyes:

Warren -

Yep, this is almost exactly the way it works with me too. I have given up pretending that one day I might brew the exact same recipe as before. At best its a similar "style" that I do. Like the beer I nominated as my current house beer - never brewed the same recipe twice but they are all along similar lines...

I definitely don't brew with the intention of nailing the "ultimate" recipe - this hobby is more about experimentation as far as I am concerned!

:super:

German Pilsner - recipe always changes though but only minor changes

APA is pretty much always available at mine, always a different recipe though. That, and sometimes Czech Pilsners and then Kolsches.

Everything else is just experimental really ;)

Back