Whats Your Favorite Forum Argument?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whats your favorite forum argument?

• Chill vs No chill?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BIAB vs traditional All Grain

• Editing Wiki articles?

• Darren vs Retailers?

• Kegging vs Bottling?

• DIY electrics vs Lethalcorpse?

• Batz vs Wheatbeers?

• Total voters
Love the Darren Vs Retailers. No bars hold straight for the jugular stuff. Makes gripping reading the old and the new. Just when you think Darren has dissapearedoff the radar his head pops up on another thread ready to say it how he see's it. Great stuff :lol: Its seems going on the vote count I am not the only one.

BYB

The vote count says it in one.
It would never have been in doubt from the moment it appeared on the board :D

stagga.

maybe its like prostitution. paying someone else to do the work, while you still get the same result??

baaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa

Darren V everybody else should be a category & no D you cant ask the mods to delete this post. On a positive point at least D stands up and tells people what he thinks wrong or right.

JJ

heh, I'd say my choice was fairly obvious.

I've never had issue with DIY electrics - I do it too - it's the almost-certain-electrocution-type jobs that get me ranting.

Lol you'd hate to see my oven then.

The thermostat died recently, and my landlord refuses to fix my oven (I swear this must be against the law, I have to cook!) so I installed a spare PID I had kicking around to control the element. I like it better now than before, but it certainly is a bit dodgy :lol:

(I swear this must be against the law, I have to cook!)
Yeah, it is, he has to make good any permanent fixtures - including ovens. You can take him to the tribunal and get a repaired oven, plus (I think) a tidy fine and slap on the wrist for him, but you'd have to pull the PID controller off first

The thermostat died recently, and my landlord refuses to fix my oven (I swear this must be against the law, I have to cook!) so I installed a spare PID I had kicking around to control the element. I like it better now than before, but it certainly is a bit dodgy :lol:
Getting right off topic here...
Unless things have changed basically you can issue him a notice to remedy breach, he must then respond within a certain timeframe, after which you can then go tribunal, or issue him with a notice of intention to vacate...

This happened to me back in the day. Our landlord refused to fix the gas oven, 'there are a bunch of spare nobs there...' and the leaking roof 'we had it looked at, they couldn't find anything wrong', that would be apart from the water in my bedroom of course....
We went through all this and got out of the lease without penalty.

Contact the tenants authority, assuming it still exists, and it is the same in states other than QLD too of course...

Yeah, it is, he has to make good any permanent fixtures - including ovens. You can take him to the tribunal and get a repaired oven, plus (I think) a tidy fine and slap on the wrist for him, but you'd have to pull the PID controller off first

:icon_offtopic: we recently took our tenants (2 guys) to tribunal with a notice to vacate for failure to pay rent, 6 weeks ongoing. get this: the first guy contacts Metro West (charity organisation) who writes him a cheque for 1/3 of rent owing. second guy calls Metro East who writes him a cheque for another 1/3 (as I understand it, only metro east OR west is able to provide 1 assistance cheque specific to the location of dwelling - how they pimped them both, I do not know). Then, they called back and used the first name of tenant 1 and the last name of tenant 2, and got a final cheque for the remaining 1/3 owing for a person who does not even exist! they rock up to tribunal with the full amount owing, a free court-appointed attorney, a counsellor with diagnosis statement of depression, etc. the magistrate let them stay as they technically paid their rent.

coincidentally, their oven went out too and we had someone there to repair it within 24 hours. if you have a dodgy landlord, it's time to move or kick him in the ass with tribunal, if you can be bothered. tribunal and the system, is on the side of the tenant from the word go, imo.

</rant>

Might have muffed that link PoMo

Hey Insider,

Just noticed this thread. I am unsure why the Darren v Retailer thread is so popular but perhaps its because each and everyone of us realise that if we band together and ignore the commonly biased posts from retailers (and their pussies) homebrewing can become significantly less expensive (and intelligent).

cheers

Darren

PS: HOMEBREWING is a passion for me and no-one close to me really thought that I would stop posting 8)

Or maybe the people who voted that option just find it outrageous and funny?

Might have muffed that link PoMo

Fixed.

Voltaire actually wrote in his "Essay on Tolerance" no less, "...I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write." it was later paraphrased by Evelyn Beatrice Hall.

see http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Evelyn_Beatrice_Hall

cheers

Grant

From the now fixed link:

Hall herself claimed later that she had been paraphrasing Voltaire's words in his Essay on Tolerance:

``Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too.''

Seems he was a Golden Rule kinda guy in general.

To continue OT... here's a handy starting point for you Sammus.

the natural carb vs force carb issue has created debate in the past.

I'm disappointed that this isn't a more heated discussion.

Wouldn't it be good if the best forum argument was about which forum argument was the best? :rolleyes: :D

Back