Whats Your Favorite Forum Argument?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whats your favorite forum argument?

• Chill vs No chill?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BIAB vs traditional All Grain

• Editing Wiki articles?

• Darren vs Retailers?

• Kegging vs Bottling?

• DIY electrics vs Lethalcorpse?

• Batz vs Wheatbeers?

• Total voters
What happened to the argument about airlocks v. gladwrapped fermenters?

That's just silly

Who uses airlocks these days.... ;)

I was a bit of a fan of the "Craftbrewer selling Wyeast will destroy the world" thread. Got hot and heated very quickly.

I had a hard time deciding between NoChill and BiaB. In both theses threads, there were several instances where people would say "I couldn't be bothered reading the previous posts, but..." and then bring up material from the previous posts. Always pushed one of my buttons...

As long as we are addressing the argument at hand and not attacking each other, it is all good and another of my buttons doesn't get pushed.

Disclaimer: I BiaB, NoChill, don't like Wheatbeers much and usually pay retail +5% for everything...

Arguement?
What arguement?
I`ve never seen a decent knock em down drag em out kick em in the balls arguement here in the three and a half years I`ve been a member. :lol:
It must all happen when I`m not looking :rolleyes:

stagga.

I find the Batz v wheatbeer argument the most intriguing ;)

I can't understand his aversion, and as he never seems to turn up to any case swaps anymore, I don't get any opportunities to try and change his mind. :(

Darren v retailers comes a close second.

Cheers - Snow

I voted Batz v Wheatthings. The certain individual v anything threads do provide "entertainment", I do not wish to support any f"wit going off of no basis attacking the livelihood of retailers, or their customers/supporters. there's a place for everything, I disagree that this is the place. perhaps a one on one in a dark alley...

I find the Batz v wheatbeer argument the most intriguing ;)

I can't understand his aversion, and as he never seems to turn up to any case swaps anymore, I don't get any opportunities to try and change his mind. :(

Darren v retailers comes a close second.

Cheers - Snow

Its a shame batz works to hard to appreciate a wit...but then again...i hate smoked beers..and proud :chug:

Do you use a garden hose to fill your kettle? A food grade hose must double as a carbon filter?? Doesn't it?? :)

Incider, you forgot about a real bone of contention in "Should brewing comps allow K&K and BOP" Being a man that swills stuff from the fermenter out of a jar, you can be forgiven for that oversight. :D

cheers

Browndog

Hey Insider,

Just noticed this thread. I am unsure why the Darren v Retailer thread is so popular but perhaps its because each and everyone of us realise that if we band together and ignore the commonly biased posts from retailers (and their pussies) homebrewing can become significantly less expensive (and intelligent).

cheers

Darren

PS: HOMEBREWING is a passion for me and no-one close to me really thought that I would stop posting 8)

Hey Insider,

Just noticed this thread. I am unsure why the Darren v Retailer thread is so popular but perhaps its because each and everyone of us realize that if we band together and ignore the commonly biased posts from retailers (and their pussies) homebrewing can become significantly less expensive (and intelligent).

cheers

Darren

PS: HOMEBREWING is a passion for me and no-one close to me really thought that I would stop posting 8)

Hmm, hypocrisy in action. I did notice a few weeks ago that Darren was very supportive of a retailer who is not a forum sponsor. The offending topic is here.

edit - tidy up

Crack coarse and float your mash, morons.

Actually, I'm on the unpopular side of a lot of arguments. I salt my beer using "handfuls", measure grain with a bucket, crack coarse and float mash, no-chill and "over-pitch". Why do my beers taste so damn good all the time?

Initially I found both the BIAB and No-chill threads of huge interest. I no longer think they are of interest, because they have become just another way of doing things. No deaths reported from No chill and many megalitres of good tasting BIAB have been and gone.

The Darren thing is quirky. I have to admire him, he stands his ground without getting abusive. And he usually makes very good points, just not everyone is prepared to listen.

Thanks for the list InCider. Much easier to select a lure when you know what species are available :lol:

The Darren thing is quirky. I have to admire him, he stands his ground without getting abusive.

Really? I find many of his posts abusive. Just check his last post above! "retailers and their pussies". Hardly intelligent, well measured, constructive criticism, eh?

- Snow

Back