Whats The Worst Beer You've Ever Tried?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you let it sit in your mouth for a minute or two,

Why on earth would you do that to yourself?

If you were forced to drink Corona, it might be best to bypass your mouth, hmmm maybe a funnel so you don't have to subject your tastebuds to it. :lol:

had some of the stout noir last weekend. bloody average imo. the worst part was the oily liquorice coating at the back of the mouth that nothing seemed to be able to get rid of.
the last mad brewer beer i actually enjoyed was the commemorative ale.

I didn't mind the Scribblerly Gum. Lager norm do nothing for me but the smoke made it enjoyable.

I love wheat beers, especially German ones. Franziskanner Hefeweizen is a great love of mine. Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier, Is brilliant also
I have not had an American Wheat I would recommend to a friend though.

Technically speaking Feral White is a Witbier, so you should really try a german wheat if you have not had it. Also I love Witbiers, and despite not liking Feral White I think Hoegaarden is one of the best and certainly the most approachable beer in the world. It has been a gateway beer for many.

Good luck with the future beer hunting and don't give up on Wheat and Wit beers just yet.
Cheers
Josh

Feral White on tap is really quite nice...

Try Sierra Nevada Kellerweiss. Easily up there with the best German examples...

also try a kooinda wit beer if you can find it (bright orange label).

yes,, i dont like guinness...... i know im a bad guy....... the guinness lager they came out with is good though!

Worst beer ever? Corona. I had to lick a dog's arse to get the taste out of my mouth.

im hearing you..on the Corona that is.. :icon_cheers: any beer you have to put lemon or lime in
is shite..

Has anyone said Reschs?

Not 'Resches Real', the stuff you can only get on tap....

Turned me off Manly Leagues Club....

that stuff is vile! but i've got a couple more contenders...
  • a coopers real ale brewed with 2kg ldm and 2kg dex, filled to the 18L mark. you can taste the alcohol!
  • geelong bitter

Worst beer carton of xxxx cans tasted as if cleaning compound was mixed with beer took back for replacement probably could have sold to competition for a good price.

Worst beer carton of xxxx cans tasted as if cleaning compound was mixed with beer took back for replacement probably could have sold to competition for a good price.

Isn't that just what it tastes like?

Was at a northern beaches bowling club, working my way through the taps on the weekend.

Resch's Draught was vile I *almost* tipped it

Balmain Lager was nice enough, very fragrant, anyone know what hop it is?

Bavaria Red
Worst ever. 1 sip and I used it to sanitise the insides of a toilet bowl

emu export... :icon_vomit: :icon_vomit:

HAHA Yeh drinking warm Emu export in the hot midday Kimberley sun..Not me of course but seen plenty of Fitzroy Crossing and Hells Crack "locals" doing exactly that.

They say Fitzroy Crossing is the only outback town that can be seen from space because of all the aluminium cans lying on the ground.. :icon_drunk:

Went to Adelaide in about 1990 and tried some Southwark, pronounced Suthick I'm told. It would make a blowfly spew!

Naturally VB also gets an honorable mention in this category.

Went to Adelaide in about 1990 and tried some Southwark, pronounced Suthick I'm told. It would make a blowfly spew!

haha harsh - last time I tasted it I thought southwark stout was a delish creamy monster and even southwark bitter was easily drinkable...of course tearing arse at the 40 mile crossing prior to an awesome fishing session possibly gives me better memories than the beer itself deserve(s/d).

Fishing always makes the beer taste better.

Back