What's On The Table

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's almost getting to the stage where we can justify a Jimmy Sate dedicated thread here!!!

Cheers SJ

BTW, looks good Henno

Nice Henno.. glad you liked it! yeah i just use old fashioned curry powder seems to go well Jimmy's. Looks good. Lloydie made sate chicken sticks out of the paste the other night! I love the stuff!

SJ I love your new LOGO!

Your's is looking good too KT, wonder where you got yours???? :unsure:

Cheers SJ

Had this the other week (Cooked by my lovely wife).
Crispy skin Salmon with garlic mash walnut/ crumbs on asparagus with a generous splash of aoli.
:icon_drool2:
A glass of strong dark Belgian Ale to wash it down.
Picture_3.png
What's even better is she is cooking it again tonight !!
:super:

Had this the other week (Cooked by my lovely wife).
Crispy skin Salmon with garlic mash walnut/ crumbs on asparagus with a generous splash of aoli.
:icon_drool2:

We have never been able to perfect the crispy sking thing really. What do you do to get that nice cripsy texture?

I have a great thick copper based SS fry pan.

I heat it up but not to hot. Add some olive oil and the salmon filet skin up. Let it cook for a minute or so and jam the frypan under the grill (whick you have pre heated)

The pan needs to be thick based to hold heat and continue to cook from below and the grill will cook it from the top...... and make the skin crispy!

Only takes a few min to cook and when its some it will be crispy skinned, caramelised on the flesh side and perfectly cooked through.

I still need to perfect a good sauce to go with this.

I love it!

cheers

Henno, Tony is on the money with the olive oil and a good pan :)
Our variation is to put rocksalt on the skin then cook the fish skin down until it is 80% done then flip for the last little bit. Gee it was tasty tonight :icon_drool2: .
Last hint, Butter can be used in conjunction with olive oil but on it's own it tends to burn and become bitter.
Cheers
Doug
PS It looks like you manage to get a fair bit of practise at cooking fish judging by your avatar :)

Hmmmmm salt on the skin hey........ what a great idea. The salt will draw out the moisture and help crisp it up.

That one is locked in the old memory bank!

cheers

Sticky date pud with Driveitlikeustoleit Oatmeal Stout from the july case swap!

cheers!

stickydate.JPG

De-boned leg of lamb. Basted with paprika, garlic and olive oil. Spit roasted and hickory smoked -

IMG_1131_1.JPG

Shared with the next door neighbours along with half a keg of my braggot.

De-boned leg of lamb. Basted with paprika, garlic and olive oil. Spit roasted and hickory smoked -

Shared with the next door neighbours along with half a keg of my braggot.

:eek: ....

I say no more... :icon_drool2:

:eek: ....

I say no more... :icon_drool2:

Oh yeah... forgot to mention the freshly baked bread. No photos. Forgot and its all gone now. One small poppy seed loaf. One small sesame seed loaf.

Oh yeah... forgot to mention the freshly baked bread. No photos. Forgot and its all gone now. One small poppy seed loaf. One small sesame seed loaf.

If only the waether wasn't so crappy in melbourn recently, house sits at a nice ambient 15deg and cannot be arsed letting bread proof ovenight, knock back and baking at midnight the following evening. <_< That reminds me, ive got to pick up some rye flour soon.

beer_and_bread_046.jpg

Rye, gorganzola, date, caramalized pecans or walnuts cant remember...

My first solo baking (with Lloydie standing over my shoulder)....

You have all probably seen these before, but Im so proud of Lloydies baking... which he has not being doing lately.

Very dence Rye Sourdough one has dates in it

RyeBread_001.take_1jpg.jpg

Little Creatures Pale Ale Sourdough (this was my favourite)

IMG_0335.JPG11111.JPG

Chocolate Stout Sourdough

IMG_0357.JPG

Rustic

IMG_0342.JPG

First attempt at pretzels....

I'm going to wait till it's beer o'clock to sample them, but damn they look good.

pretzels_001.JPG

Awesome, next time I'll salt them before cooking some the rock salt sticks.

Even the wife is attacking them, and she hates pretzels.......

I freely admit that I am showing off here...

Tonight's dinner -

Slow roasted pork belly with garlic and sage baked potatoes, sauerkraut and a sauce of pan drippings, caramelised onion and apple brandy.

IMG_1134_1.JPG
IMG_1136_1.JPG

And freshly baked rye bread.

IMG_1135_1.JPG
IMG_1137_1.JPG

Both kids went back for seconds of sauerkraut. There's enough left over for a lunch of pork belly sandwiches on rye tomorrow. Yum.

To show off just a little more - breakfast tomorrow (rye fruit bread).

IMG_1138_1.JPG

Cheers
Dave

The thread is really about showing off. So knock yourself out.

Now stop showing off!

Not a bread guru as yet, what is rye bread like?

Back