Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love happy surprises. In this case it was finding half a slab of a 12 month old %7 dubbel-style beer that I made with wy3787 and a variety of malts.

It was quite tasty, thanks.

edit: "and a variety of malts"...what else would I have made it from? What an idiot...

dubbel.jpg

Had a mate come over for a brew day and he was keen to brew an American brown ale.

Called this one Daz's Sinkin' the Brown Ale. Not the best picture but a nice dark colour except when you hold it up to the light it's a beautiful malty brown.

brown.jpg

Cracked these 2 badboys recently. Both are saisons I fermented during the summer months. The first I went the traditional route, 100% pilsner malt, hallertau and williamette hops. Second was more or less an APA recipe fermented with saison yeast - from memory I picked up the malt bill for SNPA, went Williamette for bittering and simcoe/amarillo late.

BHuEIgHCMAAQj0J.jpg large.jpgBHuKxuCCAAA7oto.jpg large.jpg

Both are fantastic. If I had to choose a favourite I'd go the classic as the yeast character really shines. Extremely happy with both though. Head looks a bit wimpy on that photo although cracked another one later and was spot on. Both h

lukiferj said:
Looks good Yob. First impressions of the hop?
I ferking loooorve it... great on the nose and a smooth bitterness that lasts the distance on the pallate.. Im ever so glad I had a crack with it, when I first got it, I felt I was going out on a bit of a limb but now I can see that it has a firm seat in my freezer and wouldnt be without it.

If you had no Citra, this would sub in delightfully, different of course but an amazing hop to be sure and one Im personally going to play with a lot more. Has been fantastic as sub 20 min, additions and to drool for as keg hopper :icon_drool2:

Im a big fan and will be making sure I have enough to last me till the next crop

WTF!!!
I thought everyone said that today would be a AHBAFD.......this kinda shit always happens to me. :blink:
Enjoy yur beers ya feckin' tass handlers.

This years July case swap beer.
Saison Noire.
noire.JPG
Ladies and Gentlemen we have flavour intergration.
Yum.

Not sure if this thread is limited to beer, but I'm currently sipping an 1800 Añejo tequila - it's frigging delicious. I get cola from the aroma & flavour & then an almost smokiness. It's as complex as a decent scotch - no lemon or salt necessary.image.jpgimage.jpg

0/200 Chocolate Treacle Oatmeal Stout with liberal additions of EKG & Fuggles. Nicely balanced & as smooth as but pitched with 1056 as no worthy British yeast was on hand at the time.
Call out the style police! :p

0200 DarkandDangerous Chocolate Treacle Oatmeal Stout.JPG

TidalPete said:
0/200 Chocolate Treacle Oatmeal Stout with liberal additions of EKG & Fuggles. Nicely balanced & as smooth as but pitched with 1056 as no worthy British yeast was on hand at the time.
Call out the style police! :p
I could go one of those for breakfast Pete.

sitting back on a night in with the mrs and knocking back a few of my first IPA, with help from Newtownclown. we called it the Jean Genie. recipe in my blog.

european and uk malts
american hops
balanced but not overly hoppy like many IPAs i've tried - only 60 and 30 min hops
pretty stoked for my very first IPA!
very drinkable at 9%
already had 2 and feeling wobbly

horrible pic but its so clear with a perfect head (thats my Raquel Welch pop art in the background)
View attachment 61780image.jpg

Back-To-It Bitter on Nitro. Almost an ESB thanks to awesome efficiency. Beautifully clear (photo does definitely not do it justice!)

6 Kg Maris Otter
1 Kg Light Crystal
EKG at 90, 20, 10 and then 2 plugs in the whirlpool
OG 1.051
29 IBU

image.jpg

Yummy.... :)

Latest posts

Back