Whats In The Glass Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing off for the next 2 weeks
icon_wave.gif

Jye

Enjoy your big day Jye & see you after the honeymoon... :beer: ...

cheers Ross...

gallery_1194_110_153717.jpg

A Jug from Mocktoberfest over the Melbourne cup weekend.
Made from Aussie & German malts and Tassie Hallertau.

Carlton draught..... :p

and yes im serious, im all out of HB :huh: looks the goods though!!

Cheers
Steve

View attachment 10112

here is my stout that i have on tap at the moment. Its all the beer i have left untill i move to the new place and get busy brewing again
Its brewed with a base of weyermann vienna. 7% flaked barley, 7%Roast barley, 5% crystal and 2% chocolate. Bittered with Target and challenger.
1.044, 40 IBU
Brewed it with WLP001 for a clean roasty finish and its bloody great! It matured in the keg under gas for 3 months before i tapped it so its smooth as silk with a roasty bitter after taste..... as it should :)

cheers

Edit: Its not quite lunch time but its alright to drink this now that i took a picture to show you all isnt it....... it would be a shame to waste it......... it looks nice....... ahhhhh pubs are open :) Down the hatch :)

Some brown bitter thing made from a couple of kits (Cooper's Real Ale & Canadian Blonde), some EK Goldings and Windsor Ale yeast.

brown.JPG

Tastes similar to Kilkenny, but bitter...pretty good for a kit beer :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug:

PZ.

Just sampling my Christmas beer, a raspberry hefeweizen. Two weeks now in the bottle and the flavour is getting good.. :p

DSC00004__Small_.JPG

Orange and Coriander wheat beerorange_and_corriander_wheat.jpg

suprizingly yum :chug:

used Safale K-97 yeast took 4 days to start fermenting

here is my stout that i have on tap at the moment. Its all the beer i have left untill i move to the new place and get busy brewing again
Its brewed with a base of weyermann vienna. 7% flaked barley, 7%Roast barley, 5% crystal and 2% chocolate. Bittered with Target and challenger.
1.044, 40 IBU

There's a picture worth a thousand words Tony. :beerbang: Nice lookin' drop. Recipe sounds interesting too. Particularly the Vienna base. :)

That grainbill's goin' in the vault. ;)

Warren -

RyeIPA with Mt Hood and Columbus. That is one big thick foamy head on it too. An awesome beer tasting really great, so there must only be a pint or two left :(

Doc

RyeIPA_005__Large_.jpg

its a good drop warren..... ive made a few stouts and usually went the pale base with 10% RB and FB but i tried something new and it has worked good.

here is the recipe to the cent.

Tonys Bull Shit Stout

A ProMash Recipe Report

Recipe Specifics
----------------

Batch Size (L): 52.00 Wort Size (L): 52.00
Total Grain (kg): 10.00
Anticipated OG: 1.045 Plato: 11.11
Anticipated EBC: 68.3
Anticipated IBU: 43.1
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75 %
Wort Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Potential EBC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
80.0 8.00 kg. Weyermann Vienna Germany 1.038 7
7.0 0.70 kg. TF Flaked Barley UK 1.034 0
7.0 0.70 kg. TF Roasted Barley UK 1.033 1300
4.0 0.40 kg. TF Crystal UK 1.034 145
2.0 0.20 kg. TF Chocolate Malt UK 1.033 900

Potential represented as SG per pound per gallon.

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
62.00 g. Styrian Goldings Pellet 4.50 15.7 60 min.
30.00 g. Target Pellet 8.80 14.8 60 min.
34.00 g. Wye Challenger Pellet 6.60 12.6 60 min.

Extras

Amount Name Type Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.10 Oz Irish Moss Fining 15 Min.(boil)

Yeast
-----

WLP001

Whispering wheat K&K - nice quaffing beer.

Followed closely by a AG APA with Cascade hops. This is my favourite drop at present

PB190013.jpg

Coopers 2006 Vintage Ale, to celebrate the start of my 3 and a half months of holidays! WOOT!

Wow, crappy quality.

Image073.jpg

its a good drop warren..... ive made a few stouts and usually went the pale base with 10% RB and FB but i tried something new and it has worked good.

here is the recipe to the cent.

Thanks Tony, I've saved that one. The grainbill and pic have got me captivated. :)

Warren -

Had a Leffe blonde over the weekend while looking after the missus who was laid up sick in bed with the flu. I'm not a big fan of wheat beers and this one riuned my palat because all I could taste was Leffe for the rest of the day regardless of what else I drank. :(

18112006191.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back