Whats In The Glass Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a similar James Squire Glass that was in the bargain bin at the local bottl'o , got that and 4 others with the james squire logo for $10

I have the James Squire glasses with the logo on them. The ones above have something to do with brewing on them. Will have to keep the eyes peeled.

The taps are Ventmatic and I picked them up from OZbrewer when he was selling up :(

You can no longer get ventmatics but the Shirron tap is exactly the same from what I have read.
There's a couple of differences.
The Shirron tap handle has a longer throw than the Ventmatic and when screwing the tap handle, when screwed on the Ventmatic, screws to a stop, the Shirron handle does not. I think this depends on the country the tap was bought in. Ross would know more.
Most importantly though, they pour pretty much the same.

Hi All,

Here is my SNPA, my forth AG that I have done, but my first that I have tasted (the others are in bottles). Big thanks to all the guys on this forum and in particular Patch for the BIAB thread.

Bloody hell, it is everything I had hoped it would be. It is malty, spicy and wonderfully citrusy. I went a little overboard with the cascade to compensate for the lack of magnum!

It's probably a little darker than it should be, but hey it tastes great!!

Sorry about the pic, it was taken at dusk (I just could not wait!)

Beers
DK

20070413_SNPA.jpg

Have been in a Wit Funk of late. Made this from a bit of Pils a bit of Galaxy and a bit of Wheat, bittered with a bit of Hallertauer a bit of Bitter Orange Peel and a bit of Corriander. Another summer "Tip it in your head beer" YUM! Beautiful lemon nose and citrus and wheat tang in a clean crisp beer.

IPB_Wit.jpg

screwtop,looks sensational,have a new found love of wheats

Partial from the wit to dunkel now

Bitter Orange Peel ,did you get that from grape + grain screwtop?

Partial from the wit to dunkel now

Bitter Orange Peel ,did you get that from grape + grain screwtop?

From an Asian Grocer, cheap as, but don't ask for bitter orange peel, "bit what", "bitapee", "don't have".

Just ask for dried citrus peel. :D It's black looking shit and smells like mandarin, fairly thin peel, others have examined it and suggested it's Curacao orange. Put it in the boil 10 min from flameout.

Cheers,
Screwy

A test pot on my recently kegged Czech Lager, could do with a few more weeks cold conditioning.

budvar.JPG

Here is a belter of a Belgian Pale:

1.50 kg Vienna Malt (6.9 EBC) 28.8 %
1.50 kg Weyermann Pilsner (3.9 EBC) 28.8 %
1.00 kg BB Galaxy Pale Malt (3.0 EBC) 19.2 %
1.00 kg Weyermann Munich I (15.8 EBC) 19.2 %
0.20 kg Weyermann Caraamber (70.9 EBC) 3.8 %
36.00 gm EKG's [5.80%] (60 min) 25.0 IBU
40.00 gm Hersbrucker [2.50%] (15 min) 3.2 IBU
1 Pkgs Leuven Ale (Wyeast Labs)

Beer Profile
Original Gravity: 1.049 SG
Measured Final Gravity: 1.011 SG
Actual Alcohol by Vol: 5.0 %
Bitterness: 28.2 IBU
Est Color: 13.3 EBC

Belgian_Pale_1.jpg

Looks great TDA, you've just answered my own question of what else to brew on Sunday.

Robust Porter and a Pilsner tomorrow, Australian Pale and Belgian Pale Sunday :beerbang:

Cheers.

corr those chips look good....oh, and the beer looks tasty too!
i was just lookin at the pic thinkin that those dolmades look tasty .....

can someone send me a PM with some instruction how to put pic up on here ...

thanks..

A very nice Far Kin Ale

One of my staple beers,next to my Alt on tap :beer:

Batz

beer_002.jpg

Barra PM sent hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back