Whats In The Glass Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds n looks pretty good warren. I may have to pop over sooner rather than later for some quality control taste testing.

I just put down my 45ltr of sparkling ale into the fermenter and pitched the ale yeast this morning.

No worries Devo. Always welcome! :beerbang:

I take it that a couple of longnecks of CSA had to take one for the team to achieve your starter? What a fun way to make cheap(ish) yeast. :lol:

Warren -

med_gallery_888_153_18966.jpg

The Keibanator*. This is just one hell of a nice looking and nice tasting doppelbock. The crappy cell phone photo doesn't do it justice. That head just lasted and lasted, fed by a seemingly endless supply of ultra-fine bubbles. Smooth and blended flavour, chewey maltiness, with mild & rounded prune and mixed fruit notes. Clean finish with a nice subtle hoppiness filling out the background.
5kg Weyermann Munich
2 kg pale malt
400 g CaraAroma
double decoction
2-hour boil
33 IBUs (Magnum for 70 min, Hallertau for 70 min & 15 min)
WLP Budvar yeast
OG: 1084
FG: 1022
ABV: 8.6%
Brewed 6th January 07, primary fermenter three weeks, lagered at 6-7 deg ambient for six weeks. Bottle conditioned with 120 g dry malt. Just now coming into good drinking condition.

*: Keiba is Japanese for horse racing. We live in an area that bears the name of an old racetrack.

Steve.

You live in the land of the camera mad happy snappers and you had to use your phone ??????

Beer looks tops though!

cheers

Not even my phone, Tony. But yes, you are dead right, strong irony there. One day soon I'll try to get a better snap and replace it. I was blown away by the quality of the awa (beer foam) though ...and fortunately the taste lives up to it.

med_gallery_888_153_18966.jpg

The Keibanator*. This is just one hell of a nice looking and nice tasting doppelbock. The crappy cell phone photo doesn't do it justice. That head just lasted and lasted, fed by a seemingly endless supply of ultra-fine bubbles. Smooth and blended flavour, chewey maltiness, with mild & rounded prune and mixed fruit notes. Clean finish with a nice subtle hoppiness filling out the background.
5kg Weyermann Munich
2 kg pale malt
400 g CaraAroma
double decoction
2-hour boil
33 IBUs (Magnum for 70 min, Hallertau for 70 min & 15 min)
WLP Budvar yeast
OG: 1084
FG: 1022
ABV: 8.6%
Brewed 6th January 07, primary fermenter three weeks, lagered at 6-7 deg ambient for six weeks. Bottle conditioned with 120 g dry malt. Just now coming into good drinking condition.

*: Keiba is Japanese for horse racing. We live in an area that bears the name of an old racetrack.

Steve was that Munich I or II
Camera phone or not, I've switched to 400gms of caraaroma in mine as well :)

cheers Ross

Not even my phone, Tony. But yes, you are dead right, strong irony there. One day soon I'll try to get a better snap and replace it. I was blown away by the quality of the <i>awa,/i> (beer foam) though ...and fortunately the taste lives up to it.

It's got me turning Japanese Steve. B)

Warren -

Steve was that Munich I or II
Camera phone or not, I've switched to 400gms of caraaroma in mine as well :)

cheers Ross

Ross, the on-line shop in Japan that sells it just calls it Munich, but lists it as EBC12-17, so I guess that makes it Munich I (I just had to look up the Weyermann site!) I'm sure you could use either, and if you are not doing a decoction (as I know you not to be), then maybe the II would make up for the browning reactions of the decoction.

Steve

where did the taps come from jye...... how much are they.

Im thinking of getting some for my font.

cheers

The taps are Ventmatic and I picked them up from OZbrewer when he was selling up :(

You can no longer get ventmatics but the Shirron tap is exactly the same from what I have read. So far Im totally happy with their pour and bottle filling ability, and in a few weeks I guess I will find out if they really dont stick due to the forward sealing.

Ross, the on-line shop in Japan that sells it just calls it Munich, but lists it as EBC12-17, so I guess that makes it Munich I (I just had to look up the Weyermann site!) I'm sure you could use either, and if you are not doing a decoction (as I know you not to be), then maybe the II would make up for the browning reactions of the decoction.

Steve

thanks Steve - I've also decided to add 200gms melanoidian to make up for the lack of decoction.

cheers...

Just a little brag. Because I can't make beer for myself at the moment, I thought I'd show some one else's brew... :p

DSC00167__Medium_.JPG

Served at the Na Parknu Alehouse, inside the Pilsner Urquell museum...

WJ

Kegged up my First Pilz this morning.... :beer:

Very Happy Camper.. :D

Sqyre... ;)

That look fantastic Sqyre. I've got some WLP800 in the starter for brewday on Thursday or Friday. can't wait after seeing that one.

Where'd you get these glasses from? If they're commercial, I wouldn't mind gettnig my hands on some.

Josh,

Keep an eye out at the bottle shops. I got one with a JS promotion once with a 6 pack of something.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back