Whats In The Glass Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i]quote name='TidalPete' date='Apr 20 2007, 08:39 PM' post='202408']
Good to hear re Banjo Batz. You've got to get a fancy glass for these pics mate. :p

:beer:
[/quote]

Perhaps not the best glass Pete,but one from my collection that I like.
Again filled with Far Kin Ale :beer:
Let me know if you don't like that glass and I'll pour another :p

Batz

beer_003.jpg

i]quote name='TidalPete' date='Apr 20 2007, 08:39 PM' post='202408']
Good to hear re Banjo Batz. You've got to get a fancy glass for these pics mate.

Perhaps not the best glass Pete,but one from my collection that I like.
Again filled with Far Kin Ale
Let me know if you don't like that glass and I'll pour another

Batz

Very nice glass Batz. It will definitely improve that Far Kin Ale I think? :rolleyes:
Imagine if I had that recipe to compare with my famous Black Stump Bitter to create (Hopefully?) the ultimate Aussie Ale? Could that ever happen???? I would reciprocate of course.

:beer:

Perhaps Pete perhaps

LaLaLa.gif

Batz

Looks the goods - What was your grainbill there Devo?

RM

It's very a simple bog standard profile roger.

83.3% Ale Malt
9.3% Flaked Barley
7.4% Roasted Barley

(you can also add a very small amount of chocmalt if you want but only around 2% max)

Target Hops for Bittering at about 35 IBU

20gm Goldings added in the last 20min of the boil.

1/2 a tab of Irish Moss and about 10ml of liquorish extract in the last 10min of the boil.

I only primary ferment and don't bother putting into a secondary.

Colombus summer Ale - In primary 30 minutes ago - Filtered, carbed & delicious :chug:

Colombus.jpg

Cheers Ross

Hey Ross, how did you chill so fast from primary before you carbonated? You didn't send it through your glycol system did you??!! :lol: :p

This is my very simple but extra tasty Queenslander bitter. I love washing my glass out then chucking it in the freezer.. glass is always cold enough to take 3 beers!

S401000711.JPG

glass of pils from my bling ultraflow :super:

4730_sml.jpg

Hey Ross, how did you chill so fast from primary before you carbonated? You didn't send it through your glycol system did you??!! :lol: :p

LOL - Chilled overnight in the fermenter B)

cheers Ross

LOL - Chilled overnight in the fermenter B)

cheers Ross

Damn, that's such a great, simple idea. Next brew, I'll be drinking within 15 mins from primary... I guess it would help flocculate those last turbid yeasties too.

Whats in the glass?

Tonight it is a scotch and coke.

You dont really want to see a picture of that though. :p

cheers
johnno

Oh johnno you dont ruin a nice scotch with coke do ya.........

on ice mate......... on ice!

cheers

Oh johnno you dont ruin a nice scotch with coke do ya.........

on ice mate......... on ice!

cheers

Tony,
This is a rather cheap and nasty "scotch" hence the coke.

I wold never pollute a decent one with coke.

cheers
johnno

Speaking of nice scotch, I'm still struggling to "appreciate" a bottle of Lagavulin I picked up very cheaply 6 months ago. It's a little intense for me as yet. Not a huge spirits fan.

On a more beer related note, I had two glasses of scotch ale in front of me tonight, Redoak vs mine... couldn't tell them apart. Didn't take any photos though. Oops.

Speaking of nice scotch, I'm still struggling to "appreciate" a bottle of Lagavulin I picked up very cheaply 6 months ago. It's a little intense for me as yet. Not a huge spirits fan.

I'll take it off your hands if you can't appreciate it!
YUM.
:chug:

Not drinking anything yet apart from a coffee....its a little early for beer (for me anyhow).

Keg Hopped Bitter. Styrian Goldings in a S/S tea ball into the keg. Beautiful aromas!

Bitter.jpg

BitterTaps.jpg

Cheers,

JS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back