Whats In The Glass Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
here is the Pale ale i made and forgot to add the irish moss.

I wont get upset if i forget it again.

It was hopped with hop flowers..... not pellets. A bit of POR and some NZ pacific hallertau at FWH and flame out. 100% bairds MO and brewed with US-56

As you can see there is nothing wrong with the clarity. Its unfiltered too. I have a filter but dont use it. I havnt needed to as they all seem to clear up well

this is from a week or so ago, but just dl'd the pics. its a hoe garden clone & was very easy drinking.

dsc00003.jpg

:)

I cannot begin to comprehend what this would taste like.

Bloody lovely :chug: your pallette won't taste bitterness above approx 90 IBU's & with the high alcohol, it balances beautifully - even visitors who claim "I don't like hoppy beers" enjoy it - That includes Pat!!!!

cheers Ross

your pallette won't taste bitterness above approx 90 IBU's

I don't mean to be a smartarse here, but what's the point of making a beer over 90IBUs then?

I don't mean to be a smartarse here, but what's the point of making a beer over 90IBUs then?
Doesn't get more bitter as such, but you do get more hop oils which certainly adds to the flavour profile.
If the percieved bitterness just continued up proportionally, then there certainly wouldn't be a point to making 200 or 400IBU beers, as they'd be totally undrinkable :)

Edit: sorry for straying off topic - back to beer pics guys :) ....

cheers Ross

Here it is. My first AG brew.
Been in bottle for 1 week so its sure to improve but its already tasting wonderfull. Dad loves it and wont stop raiving! (quote: "ill go onto the veranda now and drink my VB like a bum") No finings in kettle or fermenter no secondary just 2 weeks in primary then straight into bottle. Clarity doesnt bother me too much (i actually prefer my beers a bit cloudy) Kept it simple for the first one but im aiming for a clear beer for my currently fermenting IIPA.

nelsonsauvintop.jpg

nelsonsauvinside.jpg

Another week and the head should be perfect. Its really a great feeling for me to be drinking a beer which tastes so good. I have made alot of shit beers from kits and I have put a hell of a lot of effort into learning how to brew. I can honestly say that I would'nt be typing this if it wasnt for all the people on this forum, I would literally be drinking New right now if it wern't for this forum. Home brewing has become the passion that I always wanted to find and I enjoy it so much. For me its very rewarding to taste a beer that after all the work tastes better than you could have hoped.

Thank You again!

ahhhhhh

another happy customer.

"NEXT"

It rocks doesn't it :)

cheers

Just cracked my forth for the night (somebody tie me up now before I drink it all!), this one was much better carbonated:

sexy_beer.jpg

It rocks doesn't it

It rocks :super: :super:

Nice work Finite. I bet this one tastes great but it won't be a patch on some of the future ones you'll make. Welcome to the club.

Image002.jpg
imperial APA. about 4 weeks in the keg and so smooth :)

American Amber, I was going to toss this out because I didnt like the taste of williamette hops, but Rossco convinced me to filter and keep it. It is tasting sensational. Thanx Ross :beerbang:

vent_taps_009.jpg

3.00 kg Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM) Grain 61.2 %
1.00 kg Pale Malt, Traditional Ale (Joe White) (3.0 SRM) Grain 20.4 %
0.50 kg Wheat Malt, Malt Craft (Joe White) (1.8 SRM) Grain 10.2 %
0.30 kg Carared (Weyermann) (24.0 SRM) Grain 6.1 %
0.10 kg Chocolate Malt (450.0 SRM) Grain 2.0 %
20.00 gm Challenger [7.50%] (20 min) Hops 11.2 IBU
20.00 gm Cascade [5.50%] (10 min) Hops 4.9 IBU
15.00 gm Centennial [10.00%] (5 min) Hops 3.7 IBU
15.00 gm Challenger [7.50%] (5 min) Hops 2.8 IBU
15.00 gm Williamette [5.50%] (5 min) Hops 2.0 IBU
15.00 gm Centennial [10.00%] (1 min) Hops 0.8 IBU
15.00 gm Cascade [5.50%] (1 min) Hops 0.4 IBU
15.00 gm Williamette [5.50%] (1 min) Hops 0.4 IBU
20.00 gm Williamette [5.50%] (Dry Hop 3 days) Hops -
30.00 gm Cascade [5.50%] (Dry Hop 3 days) Hops -
0.28 tsp Irish Moss (Boil 10.0 min) Misc
11.10 gm Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) (Mash 60.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs American Ale (Wyeast Labs #1056) Yeast-Ale

All Athunum apa. First brew at the new house.

Was having this a couple of nights ago.

Will be having a few more tonight :chug:

cheers
johnno

apa.JPG

#2 AG APA.

aaa003.jpg

gotta love this hobby obsession :chug:

cheers

yard

Just cracked my forth for the night (somebody tie me up now before I drink it all!), this one was much better carbonated:
It rocks :super: :super:

Congrats Finite on a job well done - beware the keg....its a seductive and demanding mistress!! :chug:

Cheers,
TL who's just finished off 2 of them this weekend!!

Freshly kegged 200IBU Imp APA

View attachment 10680

cheers Ross

Fellow brewers - I'd like to go on record as admitting that I've tried this brew at Ross's fine establishment, and survived! Actually it was the last one of about 12 different beers that he had on tap.
It's an excellent drop, but not the sort of thing you'd skull a schooner of after mowing the lawn! :blink:
Why would you brew a 200IBU beer?

.....as Sir Edmund says "...because it's there!" :p

Cheers,
TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back