Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
418757_4483674486781_1138838752_n.jpg

hopefully this worked :) my wife got me this collection for fathers day (yes its early but im heading away for work on sunday) just wanted to brag lol
considering she doesn't drink beer she did pretty damn well i thought. the big one at the back is Mountain goat cross breed Seven seeds.

Lucky lucky man !!!! hopus is one of my all time favs + they all are top shelf picks ! the girl dun well !!!!

CURMI 32
Picked this one up from Olinda Celars

Its a wheat beer with spelt. Only one I have ever seen made with spelt.

Not a bad drop at all, reminded me of White Rabbit white ale.

photo.JPG

photo__1_.JPG

Currently working on a growler of Seven Sheds IPA. Not one of their regulars, it's a limited release / small batch / somethingorother. Delicious! The best beer I have had from there (7 sheds) yet - and I've had all their regular range.

No picture because it was last night at a bar and I never take photos of my beer anyway BUT

Hop hog barrel fermented IPA.

I think their IPA is a decent beer but there's a hop in it I don't like (got a pineapple flavour) and I am a little bored with the AU craft beer obsession with hoppiness and AIPAs. I like them but I also like diversity. The bar I was at last night was having an AIPA week so all taps were along the lines of hoppy/AIPA.

Well - the barrel fermented HH is ******* delicious and made me a very happy man after 5 or 6 pints. Actually I was happy after the first sip - it just got better from there.

If you see it - get some.

im with you there, dont get me wrong, i love hops but its pretty hard to distinguish the differences in some beers when you throw a shitload of late hops in.....my way of fixing a "nothing beer"

Currently working on a growler of Seven Sheds IPA. Not one of their regulars, it's a limited release / small batch / somethingorother. Delicious! The best beer I have had from there (7 sheds) yet - and I've had all their regular range.
From the sample I had yesterday, I agree wholeheartedly. Left my growler at home today though, I'll be making a flying visit into town tomorrow to get one.

where do you get these in briz?
Dan Murphy's for this one. Holland Park is my local Dan's. The other English ones were all close to use by date but this one had plenty of months on it yet...

Dan Murphy's for this one. Holland Park is my local Dan's. The other English ones were all close to use by date but this one had plenty of months on it yet...
May have to give that one a go Ben, ta. :icon_cheers:

Tried a bottle of Epic Zythos IPA tonight. I've drunk my fair share of Epic brews since they started out and this is the only one I haven't enjoyed. Give me a Mayhem or Portamarillo any day.

At TAPS beer bar in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Only craft beer bar I have been able to find.

Drinking a Thornbridge Jaipur IPA from the tap. DELICIOUS

Had a Raconteur IPA at Harts Pub yesterday, I think it's one of the best Australian IPAs I've had. A really good balance of hops.

Maris Otter barley,kent goldings,fuggles,styrian goldings and yeast from yorkshire ..nice after taste

343jim8.jpg

I brewed today with a workmate's son who is about to reach a certain age milestone where you are suddenly allowed into a lot of places and to gigs etc. So I am giving him a keg for his bash, but he had to learn about the boring details and help out first.

I brewed a cream ale, which was more a CZ pils using a bunch of Hallertau rather than Saaz, and just fermented cool with US05.

Anyway I got a few light coloured lagers to demonstrate the different malt and hop profiles and balances that can occur and I am drinking the rest of a sixpack of Budvar. I hadn't had it for a while and the outer bottles of the sixpack were skunky, but geez I forgot how much I enjoy this beer, especially after nothing but IPAs, porters and such on tap.

photo.JPGHad the chance to get down to Beer Deluxe at federation square to try

OUR DARK SECRET a beer created by Californian brewery Moylan's and Norway's Ngne at
Hargreaves Hill.

At 8.2% its an awesome drop, it packs a real hoppy punch without being too overpowering and the aroma of the new hop variety this beer uses is in one word....ORGASMIC!!

There were only 13 kegs of the stuff made and only 4 in Victoria I think, Im glad I got to try some.

At 8.2% its an awesome drop, it packs a real hoppy punch without being too overpowering and the aroma of the new hop variety this beer uses is in one word....ORGASMIC!!

And what hop variety was that?

Latest posts

Back