Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delerium argentum, courtesy of international beer collector.
Slightly sweet, peach and apricots, some hidden alcohol, spritz on the tongue.
Subdued belgian esters and some soft bread. Very subtle bittering.

Very pleasant, mellow beer with a tad too much carb for my tastes. Preferred the affligem I had last night and my own tripel in a keg but still a tasty beverage for a sunny hobart afternoon.

Just read it's a dry hopped belgian ipa which is surprising because hop character is very subdued and ibc beers are normally very fresh.

Heretic Brewery

As expected, kick arse!

WP_20160521_002.jpg

Mountain Goat Rare Breed IPA.

First impression was that it was unbalanced and over-hopped, however second bottle (some days later) tastes spot on.

I suspect the difference comes from my palate's expectations as on the first occasion I'd moved up from my lightly hopped golden ale, however on this occasion had moved down from my Bathurst Brunch Coffee Bourbon Milk Stout.

MG rare breed.JPG

Bad Shepherd Hazelnut Brown

Lovely, creamy nuttiness. Firm bitterness, nice roasty quality. Nice....go Hoser !

BrewDog Jack Hammer

Resinousy !

image.jpg

I remember having this beer a few years ago and it was a party on the palate of malt flavours and hop goodness.

The palate has evolved alot since then and found it to be a great black IPA, similar to what I make at home.

Bridge Road / Mikeller

Dark Harvest.

WP_20160521_003.jpg

As usual and American IPA from the US and its kick arse.

Ive had Stone beers many times and got this to get that real hop flavoured IPA, the way they should be

And it was 1month from best before date.

WP_20160522_001.jpg

I'm terrible at getting photos.

Had a newstead brewing ipa at a local cafe yesterday.

Was a good beer. Much cloudier than most commercials. But tasty.

Sunday lunch time beer in the interests of making sure it's drunk fresh...

Pliny
IMG_6050.JPG

Just over a month old
IMG_6048.JPG

It didn't disappoint !
Everything you'd expect from a west coast IIPA, pine, resin, dank & some fruit, fantastic aroma.
Good malt backbone to support the ridiculous amout of hops whilst also letting them shine, pretty much perfect IMO.
Was surprisingly smooth considering the huge IBU and did not feel like an 8% beer

Yum, tick that one of the beer bucket list !

Samuel Adams said:
Sunday lunch time beer in the interests of making sure it's drunk fresh...

Pliny
attachicon.gif
IMG_6050.JPG

Just over a month old
attachicon.gif
IMG_6048.JPG

It didn't disappoint !
Everything you'd expect from a west coast IIPA, pine, resin, dank & some fruit, fantastic aroma.
Good malt backbone to support the ridiculous amout of hops whilst also letting them shine, pretty much perfect IMO.
Was surprisingly smooth considering the huge IBU and did not feel like an 8% beer

Yum, tick that one of the beer bucket list !
Oh for the love of hops, where did you get that?

Stoke Dark Beer. Very nice indeed with just a hint of sweetness.

Looks like Return of The Dread stout gone for good to be replaced by some weak stout from LC sacrelige to destroy such a good beer.

stoke dark ale.jpg

Pratty1 said:
Oh for the love of hops, where did you get that?
Sorry should've mentioned it was brought home by a mate of mine from a US trip.
He went to the brewery and got them for $5.50 a bottle. Pliny the Younger was not on tap unfortunately for him.

Tropical_Brews said:
Stoke Dark Beer. Very nice indeed with just a hint of sweetness.

Looks like Return of The Dread stout gone for good to be replaced by some weak stout from LC sacrelige to destroy such a good beer.
I don't think McCashin Brewery know how to make a bad beer.

Samuel Adams said:
Sorry should've mentioned it was brought home by a mate of mine from a US trip.
He went to the brewery and got them for $5.50 a bottle. Pliny the Younger was not on tap unfortunately for him.
Haha, $5.50. Aussie retail for that would be about $22.5

Lucky you!

I'm away on a work trip interstate, stopped by a local bottleo on the way back to the hotel and grabbed a 4 pines esb.
First time I've had it and it's really yummy. Love to be able to make something like this as home brew

1464173634211.jpg

peekaboo_jones said:
Nice one!
Where'd you grab the DFH?
The Oak Barrel Liquor Shop,152 Elizabeth St. Sydney CBD. They have an awesome craft range including my favourite, Anchor Liberty.

Woah, huge aromatics! Mosaic, Cascade and Amarillo is pungent.

Bloody tasty IPA and solid beer from the best.

Stone Red X IPA

Pataskala ( Pa-TASK-a-la )

WP_20160525_003.jpg

Ive made a couple of 100% red x ales before, now I know what Im aiming for.

Latest posts

Back