Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hahaha i did not even think of checking the date!

Watsonia IGA - the one in the proper watsonia shops, not diamond village shops.

My mate used to work at the bottle-o there some years ago (diamond village one). Used to get some interesting scotches in for himself! Too bad he wasnt all that interested in beers back then.

Just drinking a Lindemans Kriek. Love the pink head.....

Is there artificial flavour in this beer, it is just very much like cherry medicine. The ingredients say sugar, sweetner and aroma, seems a bit strange.

Dropped in for a 4-Pack of WE Pale this arvo, and the manager suggested replacing a couple with a beer he just got in. So I've been comntemplating the lovely flavours of Barossa Valley Brewery Organic Ale. I'm not much for reviews, but here goes -

it pours a nice head with lingering lacework down the glass and is quite cloudy for a commercial beer. The aroma fragrance is reminiscent of the Enterprise Brewery's Nelson Sauvin offering, with fruity aromas, which I might say is slightly peachy perhaps with some pineapple. This follows through with the flavour components, which are balanced nicely, but I can't say what sort of hop combination they use, perhaps a bit of NS with some Cascade and (maybe) Amarillo, although not as intensly recognisable as other Amarillo beers on the market. Would definatly file it in the "New American Style". Maltiness is present in the medium body, which also makes me think they're going for the US trend in several craft brews these days.

There's a lingering bitterness that I'm not a fan of, but despite that, the overall bitttering is pretty good, and what I like in a beer. I suppose that the best reccomendation I can give is that if asked whether I would buy it again, the answer would be HELL YES. Well worth a look in if you want to see what some of the smaller labels are doing in Australia. It was said to me by the bottle shop guy that this is a recipe that's been given over to a large 'brew to order' outfit to produce, but their website suggests otherwise, so who knows where it's done.

bottle2.jpg

Just got back from a week in lovely Charlotte Cove in southern Tasmania where a friend and I (and to a lesser degree the wife) worked our way through a massive amount of really good beer. I remembered to take a photo of 2....
St_lamvinus.jpg
Cantillon St. Lamvinous (spelling is probably wrong) Probably my favorite Cantillon beer so far. Aged on Merlot grapes, (sour) beer meets wine!
Moobrew1.jpg
Moo Brew Oak Aged Stout. Excellently oakey (if thats a word). We did a back to back with Murrays Wild Thing, but they're two different beers really, although the Wild Thing is my personal preference if forced to choose.

Honorable mentions go to the 7 Sheds Range.... Drank them all both bottled and draught. Loved the Kentish Ale, Seemed to taste a bit different to when I was down there last year.

And another photo of the moo brew that conveys a little better the awesome surrounds in which the beer was drunk.
Moobrew2.jpg
Work really sucked today.

Just drinking a Lindemans Kriek. Love the pink head.....

Is there artificial flavour in this beer, it is just very much like cherry medicine. The ingredients say sugar, sweetner and aroma, seems a bit strange.

Lindemans make some interesting beers - some overly sweet others fantastic. We had some Lindemans Faro in Canberra and it was great, photo yet to be found amongst all the AABC general drunkeness :icon_drunk: photos.

Dunno how you'd define a good day but today was pretty good. Two batches of beer put to bed and cracked one of these in honour of the birthday boys.
Gav.jpg

Just enjoying a drop of the Guinness 250th Anniversary stout. My first authentic Irish stout.
Anyone else had a go at this one?

deugniet.jpg

Very heady beer from Belgian, 7.3%.

From the web and about right

Description

Appearance : blond, living beer with a fine and generous head.
Flair : balanced association of green apple fruit and fine hop.
Taste : light bitterness, smooth, beer with character.
Remark : tasting between 5 and 12C

Technical information

Alcohol degree : 7,3 % vol.
Bitterness : 25 EBU
Colour : 9 EBC

Saving the bottle for you Biergeliebter

Batz

Oh wow what a selection.

Thats a prety penny worth of beers there.

Lucky bugger :)

cheers

Oh wow what a selection.

Thats a prety penny worth of beers there.

Lucky bugger :)

cheers

Bad luck that so many are empty

Very jealous reviled, I'm actually wearing a SN Torpedo shirt now in fact :) I managed to try a reasonable variety when I was in the US last year, as a hop head you'll love the DogFish Head beers. I thought the Fat Tire was a bit over-rated but in a country dominated by bud light it was still very nice.

I just had a bottle of the Sunshine Coast Brewery Chilli beer, it's the first commercial chilli beer that I thought had any real kick to it. It's balanced fairly well by a good portion of crystal malt but there's no mistaking the chilli when you breathe out. I only had a very short visit to the brewery but the selection on tap looked great.

Back