Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good friend and just returned from Holland after visiting his family, lucky for me he brought me back a few beers :beer:

beer_1_robert.jpg

I liked this beer the first couple of sips, then I found it to sweet and almost syrupy, it high in alcohol 7% and I had a strong after taste of this.
There are a few brewers I know seem not to be able to detect this taste, or like it I suppose, I have been given a sample of brews over the last few years that echo the after taste I get with this brew I don't personally like alcohol taste.
Depends on what you like hey?

Batz

A pilot mate of mine bought me back this minikeg of Pilsener from the Last Drop brewery. The keg was well travelled and had aged a few months but still a very drinkable pils. Certainly went down well on a brewday...
lastdroppils.jpg

Kolsch from the Wig & Pen. Their first bottled beer (I'm fairly certain...).
Tasting very nice and reminding me that I have yet to brew one of these and it is long overdue...
wpkolsch.jpg

I couldnt wait till my bday so made another order :icon_cheers:

1 x Alaskan IPA - (330ml Bottle)

1 x Abita Jockamo IPA - (330ml Bottle)

1 x Avery IPA - (330ml Bottle)

1 x Mendocino White Hawk Original IPA - (330ml Bottle)

4 x Stone Ruination IPA - (330ml Bottle)

1 x Deschutes Inversion IPA - (330ml Bottle)

1 x Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - (350ml Bottle)

DSCF0963.jpg

Bought them both to expand my understanding of beer...they both definately did that for me. Das rauchbier fand ich nicht so toll...smelt like schinken...

DSCF0964.jpg

Just one more...

Just when you thought you thought that you were only a hop head and needed a hop heavy beer to make you happy...comes along a maibock through american eyes...

DSCF0962.jpg

wheat_002.jpg

:ph34r: Batz :ph34r:

Pulled one out of the cellar...
Brew_Night_09_006.jpg
HY Cuvee
Got this one a couple of years back. Bit of wierd one, as in it's brewed in Belgium by an Italian company...or something like that.
Strong Belgian in style (11%), but I found it rather intriguing indeed... Carbonation was low, aroma much like a tawny port, which a rich sweet body and warmth to add; lots sultana and raisin flavours in there.
Thoroughly enjoyed it either way!

Just one more...

Just when you thought you thought that you were only a hop head and needed a hop heavy beer to make you happy...comes along a maibock through american eyes...

View attachment 32174

One of my mates loves this beer, then he had the double dead guy... Needless to say :icon_drool2: . Top choice!

got back from US a few days ago, some of the best beers i tried while there.

sierra nevada pale ale, bloody beautiful drink and probably my all time fave beer
IMG_0043.jpg

dogfishhead 120 min ipa 21% abv more like a spirit then a beer, a nice warm experience though
IMG_0034.jpg

sam adams imperial white 11% abv a very nice drop not unlike champagne
IMG_0035.jpg

also worth special mention is the Hennepin belgian saison i had on tap at the Astoria beer garden in queens NY, very very nice drop, does anyone know if they have it on tap here in Aus, also Hoergarden on tap is the bees knees.

edit: image fix

had a few of these on saturday night

photo.jpg

anyone in Newcastle area get to Warners at the Bay these are 6 bucks for 500ml

I used to like the old batz.... :ph34r:

you have changed man.... :(

Found some six packs of 500ml cans of heinikin!! like proper amsterdamn heinkin....all for the pricely sum of $16. Boh selekta.

heineken-500-ml.jpg

Is Batz dead?!

Still alive, I was given a gift pack of these beers and one was a wheat :icon_vomit:

I poured it, tasted it, gave it to the wife....and then it got tipped out. I knew you guys would like the pic but. :lol:

Batz

Back