Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a bottle of Rex Attitude last year..... 100% peated malt, and will concur with the above.

I actually had it after a bottle of Stone Ruination...... and it out trumped the Ruination (supposed to ruin your taste buds) by far. My mate who was having a glass of Heffe was ready to kick me out of the room..... he kept saying..... OMG that shit stinks, its making me sick :p

He struggled to sit in a room with it in a glass, let alone drink it.

It was by far the strongest flavoured beer i have ebver had...... i can still taste it.

"Rex Attitude - its like seeing your parents have sex"

"Rex Attitude - its like seeing your parents have sex"

I think I'm a bit better then this time last week winkle..............how about you :p

I think I'm a bit better then this time last week winkle..............how about you :p
Pist - but know the difference between up and down this time ;)

Pist - but know the difference between up and down this time ;)

Know where your coming from Perry................I reckon July is to long away for another one :p

Yep, next weekend :p

Sierra Nevada - Ruthless Rye

Yep, this is entirely lacking in ruth - as advertised.

Nice beer but Mountain Goat's rye IPA makes this beer look a bit poo for my money. But, you know, beer miles, etc. It is a nice beer.

Victory Brewing - Hop Devil

Urgh. Why didn't I check the best before?! 7 days to go!

Still nice, even if pretty faded. Not a patch on the beer I remember but the reasons for that are pretty clear.

Bum, Victory only put 4 months on their Hop Devil. So it's not exactly old.

f4775069.jpg

Very nice. Big big big difference to their weak pale ale. mmmmmmm.

Bum, Victory only put 4 months on their Hop Devil. So it's not exactly old.
Didn't know it was that short, that's pretty damned good then (both in terms of how quickly it hits the shelves here and their own quality control). If I remember correctly, Pliny says something about drink within 2 weeks on the bottle. I know big hop character doesn't hang around 4 months in my bottled beers.

As I say, greatly reduced hop presence compared to the ones I had there. Still a good beer.

They also do it on their Prima Pils, and one other (I forget which). Four months.

Pliny they say drink within 2 weeks, and I think they give a 3 month code on it.

Yeah, I didn't mean to suggest there was a 2 week BB. Probably a pretty good way to lose money. Although, you'd have to think 3/4 months would be similar. Gotta love a brewery that cares enough about the product to apply that sort of honesty. Imagine if a brewery did that here: it'd probably be over already by the time it hit the shelf at Dan's/1st Choice!

Thanks for the correction.

Nogne O's Brun is pretty bloody tasty. Taste more like a porter than a Belgian dark ale to me (if that's what it is supposed to be, bit hard to tell with all that squiggly stuff on the bottle). Really didn't like the saison they did with Bridge Road that I had last night. Last night's Hesjeol (Haand Bryggieret) also left a little to be desired for me - kinda half Belgian, half oops-we-forgot-the-other-half.

O! Mikan Ale, how I love thee!

tumblr_lx3nnnDzY01r4gpcj.jpg

had this tonight really reminded me of drinking dry ginger ale. Was tempted to break out the rum to mix it.

09042012144.jpg
Pinchgut Pilzner @ The Pumphouse

Bloody beautiful. Well done, Gerard!

I'm not a big cider drinker but I did enjoy this one, dry and yet still a little sweet

bee3d211.jpg

Back