What Typ Of Keg?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unterberg

Reaction score
hi

can anybody tell me what typ of kegs these are and where to get spare parts? Any experience with these kegs? The opening seems a little tiny which probably makes cleaning an effort.

Thanks

2b9d_1.JPG

They look like rheem kegs.
I had a few of these i bought for 40 dollars each. The pain in the bum was they had different posts on them. It cost 25 dollars per post so that pushed the price upto 90 dollars each was a bad move on my part so i gave them to some mates free and they can pay for the posts. If they already have the right post you need well done.

hmm
So far I dont have any kegging gear yet, but I was playing with the idea to get some for a while. These three kegs on the picture are atm on sale on ebay for 70 dollar and its just around the corner.
I might have a look at them tomorrow

I dont know anything about ports... can you help me out lokpikn?

Trying to figure out if I will have to invest more money in e.g. ports...

Just ask the seller if they are ball lock posts or pinlock. You want the answer to be ball lock preferably...

unterberg - where are you located? if your in australia then you can certainly get better quality kegs cheaper than $70 each. try the online sponsors

hmm
So far I dont have any kegging gear yet, but I was playing with the idea to get some for a while. These three kegs on the picture are atm on sale on ebay for 70 dollar and its just around the corner.
I might have a look at them tomorrow

I dont know anything about ports... can you help me out lokpikn?

Trying to figure out if I will have to invest more money in e.g. ports...

Most of us use Cornelius kegs and they have a post that looks like this http://www.kegsonline.com.au/prod21.htm

You will need to buy these sort of posts. http://www.kegsonline.com.au/prod16.htm]

I cant find a picture of the posts that came with the rheem kegs i bought but they had 2 or three little pins that stuck out on them.

These guys have a special on http://www.kegsonline.com.au/index.htm

Im sure lots of people will say the pin ones are good but i think buy kegs with corny posts on them all ready and i will save heaps of time and money also parts are cheaper to but then rheem kegs. You can clean them out easier as you can get you hand and arm in if your skinny.

Hope this helps

LOKPIKN

PS craftbrewer on the top of this page also has lots of parts and good prices on kegs as well. Ross will talk to you on the phone and give you lots of information.

Just had another look at the pic. Its hard to tell but I have a feeling they're pinlock...

unterberg - where are you located? if your in australia then you can certainly get better quality kegs cheaper than $70 each. try the online sponsors
I interpreted it as being $70 for three...?

yup your right. I misread the post. still...I'd be getting standard 19L cornies for ease of cleaning

70 for three is good but another 150 for posts go for the corneys, go for the corneys, Go for the corneys.

If i say it three times you might belive me :)

No. the seller is looking for $70 each. Scroll down or start bidding and it will show Items you wish to bid on. They are being sold as individual items. :eek:

Forget it.

No. the seller is looking for $70 each. Scroll down or start bidding and it will show Items you wish to bid on. They are being sold as individual items. :eek:

Forget it.

I contacted the seller a few days ago and they said the bid was for all 3. Must have listed them incorrectly.

Anyway didnt think it would take long for that auction to show up on here :p Was hoping it would stay quiet tho so I could get a mate into kegging on the cheap.

Pok

hmm

I have contacted him too, since I live just 1km away ;)
I will see if I can have a look at them. Thought it would be a good opportunity to get into kegging. I was not aware of the different ports and so on.

I have 5 kegs like this. I prefer pinlock to ball lock post as they lock on better. Downsides are no "arm-in" access for cleaning - you rely entirely on chemicals; disconnects come only in full stainless and cost a bucketload if you can find them. Otherwise, a keg is a keg is a keg. You get into your system and you stay with it. In fact, I'm thinking of getting more pinlock posts and buying some cheapy corny kegs for extras as it'll be cheaper than replacing everything I have to move to ball lock.

hmm

I have contacted him too, since I live just 1km away ;)
I will see if I can have a look at them. Thought it would be a good opportunity to get into kegging. I was not aware of the different ports and so on.

Well if you don't buy them @ $70 for 3 I will :p .... I already have both pinlock and ball lock so it doesnt worry me. Thought it would be a good gift for a mate to get him kegging....

Anyway we'll see how the auction pans out.

Pok

Both of my kegs are these types but with ball lock posts. I've had no problems with them but spare parts are not as common as the cornies.

Back