What To Do With Water Chillers?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hupnupnee

Reaction score
I've come into possession of some water chillers and was wondering what if any use could I put them too as far as brewing is concerned?

Cheers Tim :p

Well if they can handle the volume using them to cool water for a cfwc or immersion chiller would be good.

They only use 1/8 or smaller compressors. would take a while to chill enough to run a chiller.

Chilled water on hand would have been very useful for consumption during a brew day in today's heat.

hupnupnee said:
I've come into possession of some water chillers and was wondering what if any use could I put them too as far as brewing is concerned?

Cheers Tim :p
[post="96961"][/post]​

Have you got pictures ?

Beers,
Doc

No pic doc, but they are just the standard office type water chiller. The type that you put a water bottle on top.

Tim

you could use it to stand around with friends and talk about who's doing who in the office....but at home :)

surely there's a temprite application for it?
Pull it to bits and tell us how it works!

Tangent, i tried that but quickly realised that there was only me to talk about. This would normally not be a problem as I'm always happy to talk about me, to myself. but I soon realised that the only person doing me was me and quickly lost interest.

Whats a temprite?

You could use them for chilling your fermenters over summer. Have a look at this thread:

Link

I scored one of the ones that you push the button for a drink. (chilled water fountian)

I use it to run my water for the CFWC through first , makes it a lot more efficient.

Batz

duuno about spelling but a temprite is something like a (correct me if i'm wrong here) post keg chiller.
Instead of chilling the whole keg, you just chill the beer coming out of the keg, kinda like the lads have done here with stainless tubing through an esky of ice.

So Tim how many do you have & where are you ....

Aaron your on the money there buddy.. :)

Cheers

I have one and been using it for 12 months and a pre water chiller before my immersion chiller it works a treat. They only have a small tank so I turn it on about 15mins before I use it, connect my hoses and of it goes.

First you need to re-plumb it to suit your needs, take out the thermostat and make sure you only trickle the water out.

Stagger

Latest posts

Back