What To Bulk Prime A Jsipa With?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabs

Reaction score
G'day all

Pulled this recipe from another website, tastes fantasic at the moment and almost ready to bottle....
Im after some advise on what to bulk prime with and how much??? Thanks in advance!!!!

Batch Size = 23L
OG = 1.061 (assumes 70% mash efficiency)
Estimated IBU's = 40 IBU
Boil volume = at least 10L

Grain / Extract Bill
1 x Coopers Real Ale kit
1kg Coopers Light DME
1.5kg Pale ale malt (Mariss Otter preferably)
1kg Munich malt
300g Light Crystal malt
200g Amber malt

Hop Schedule
20g EK Goldings 5% A/A 30 mins
20g Cascade 6% A/A 15 mins
20g Fuggles (aroma/dry hop)

Cheers Rabs

Whatever you're comfortable with. What you should be looking more closely at is carbonation level, imho.

EDIT: rereading your post, I see you're asking that too. I would have said 10psi for 4 days, so lower than normal, but enough to feel it.

G'day all

Pulled this recipe from another website, tastes fantasic at the moment and almost ready to bottle....
Im after some advise on what to bulk prime with and how much??? Thanks in advance!!!!

Batch Size = 23L
Estimated IBU's = 40 IBU

Grain / Extract Bill
1 x Coopers Real Ale kit
1kg Coopers Light DME
1kg Munich malt
300g Light Crystal malt
200g Amber malt

Hop Schedule

Cheers Rabs

IMO, underprime it.
I overprimed my IPA with 300g dried malt extract (misread the Papazian book). lucky i didn't get bottle bombs, and it was so fizzy it wasn't good.
A rough guess would be 150-160g dextrose?

150-160g of dex is pretty high carbonation, well in my opinion anyway. I reckon 130g.

G'day all

Batch Size = 23L
Estimated IBU's = 40 IBU

Grain / Extract Bill
1 x Coopers Real Ale kit
1kg Coopers Light DME
1kg Munich malt
300g Light Crystal malt
200g Amber malt

Hop Schedule

Cheers Rabs

All depends on the calculations provided by a good priming calculator, depends upon the finishing gravity, storage temp and volume etc. Use a good priming calculator, priming is more science than good luck ... a lollie here and a teaspoon there after one week fermenting etc.

Screwy

Thanks for the replies... Ive had a look at a few caculators they're suggesting a desired CO2 level of 1.5-2.3 which when pluged into the calculator gives 100g for a corn suger (gluecose/dex) prime. Info I used was Co2 1.9, temp 20c, 22L, OG 1061, FG 1012.....

Questions:
Does corn suger ferment out to the same percentage as Dex?
Where can I find a "good prime calculator"?

Once again thanks for the advise I just dont want to **** this one as its tastes fantastic at the moment and has real potential of turning into a great beer!!!!

cheers

Latest posts

Back