What should I make?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spookism

Reaction score
I have some Summit and Pearle Hops sitting n the freezer.

What bad boy should I brew starting with these hops?

you might need some grain, yeast and water too... ?

4.5kg Pale Ale 2-Row
0,5kg Caramel

15g Summit - 45min
20g Perle - 20min
60g Cascade - 1min

American Ale Yeast - WLP060

Kranjska klobasa - Recipe!

INGREDIENTS
4 1/2 pounds coarsely ground pork shoulder
6 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 cup white wine
1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper (or to taste)
1 tablespoon sweet paprika (optional)
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon saltpeter, if cold smoking (if using, decrease salt to 1 tablespoon)
1 cup finely chopped onions (optional)
4 slices torn-up bread (optional)
1 cup cold water
About 8 ounces hog casings

PREPARATION
1. Soak crushed garlic in wine overnight. Soak casings in lukewarm water about six hours. In a large bowl, mix ground pork, pepper, paprika, if using, salt, saltpeter, if using, garlic-wine mixture, and onion and bread, if using. Add water and mix well. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for several hours for the flavors to meld. Remove from refrigerator and mix by hand again. Fry up a small patty to make sure the seasonings are to your liking.

2. Take casings out of water and rinse several times by letting cold water run through the casing. Fill casings with meat mixture, being careful not to leave air pockets. Twist into uniform lengths. Smoke the sausages for two to three days. Fresh sausage may be pan fried or roasted in oven.

3. To prepare sausage you have smoked, place in cold water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover and let sit in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and serve.

Latest posts

Back