What Is Your Main Manliness

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truman, you're welcome to add your Main Manliness song to the soundtrack we've got going on here.

I once picked up a mud crab, thumb over the top, fingers underneath (from the back of the carapace, I'm not stupid). Was drunk, covered in mud, and still have all digits, complete and unencumbered. Shot a rabbit with a 30/30.

I've never killed a defenceless creature. It's just that their natural defenses were ill prepared for a 150 grain pill moving at just under 3000 feet per second.
But I'd agree that there's more people who deserve death than any other creature on the planet. Except for Collingwood supporters. There should be a bounty on those animals.

Defenceless maybe, a pest definitely. 30/30 is quicker than myxamatosis which was a govt sanctioned method.

With just a tad of tongue in cheek as well. Just making it obvious for ya.

Defenceless like cockroaches, flies and mosquitos??

Rabbits, pigs and a number of other species are just like bigger versions. It's just that the "Mortein" for those suckers comes packaged as hot lead.

Edit: Hit the reply button by accident.

wide eyed and legless said:
I could cheerfully kill some humans before I could kill some other defenseless creature.
With a 30/30?

wide eyed and legless said:
I could cheerfully kill some humans before I could kill some other defenseless creature.
Ah, I see you've spent time as a Public Servant.

Seriously though, my brother beats most manly things I've done with a story he told me on Father's Day just gone.
Went to visit my Dad and my brother was telling stories about his son, "the reptile man", bringing home snakes and bats and such.

On one occasion, his son brought home a red-belly from a mate who had no capacity to keep it any longer, and housed it in a glass tank with a secure sliding lid (for safety).
Anyway, the lid ran on tracks, and the tracks got some of the sand from the bottom of the tank in them and the lid no longer closed fully, so, through the tiny gap...
One day the son is panicking slightly and says to Dad, the black snake is out! My brother goes into the boy's bedroom/wildlife enclosure and is presented with a 7 foot long venomous snake (about 8 cm diameter) reared up in the corner of the room to about half it's body length, hood flared out and hissing coz it's shit-scared and deadly with it.
Brother tells the lad to fetch a broom, and pins the snake to the corner of the room and then grabs it firmly (I bet) by the head to gain control. Demands a pillow case to be brought to him. Lowers the snake in, tail-first and at the last moment lets go of the head and secures the now-snake-bag with a zip tie.
Next step is return the snake to the wild, so he tells the young man exactly where to take it (old quarry, about 600 metres away). To cut the story short, the young bloke opens the bag on the way for a look and the snake finds refuge in some age pensioner's yard, and then only tells Dad a few days later of the botched release.

Manly/stupid? Your opinion may may be different to mine....

Persistence through stupidity, Persistence through Arrogance, Persistence through uncertainty,
Reflective on my words, Reflective on my actions, Reflective on my presence

13 days ago the Queensland Police issued me with my Firearms License, enabling a passion I had when I was a junior pistol shooter in Albury dormant for 20 years through the turbulence of my life.

Looking at a year at an employer that has done nothing but exhilarate and inspire me in my chosen career.

Three children that have moved beyond the levels of infancy to unique, loving, charismatic and supporting family members

A wife that has grown independently yet together, along side with me, for 13 years.

37. Pretty early in life actually.....

**** Yes.

(still part child)

Man I love boobies....... All boobies.

I can turn off lights, close doors, and turn the thermostat down, these three things are so much more than mere manliness they must be actual super powers as I'm the only person around my house who is capable of doing them.

I started a Riot at the motorcycle grand prix when it was at Bathurst. This bag of orange peels behind the juice caravan just whispered "throw me at someone" so I did.

20 mins later it was cans of gravel at the riot cops. True story.

I started a Riot at the motorcycle grand prix when it was at Bathurst. This bag of orange peels behind the juice caravan just whispered "throw me at someone" so I did.

20 mins later it was cans of gravel at the riot cops. True story.

Yeah but see all the fun had in that you just added to how alcohol, oops, I mean Aussies get a bad name!

Did I get that right? :D

Latest posts

Back